PDA

View Full Version : Podcast program suggestions

Toothless
04-28-2008, 06:45
We are planning future episodes of ATHiking...the podcast and would appreciate your input about what you'd like to hear discussed. The goal of the podcast is primarily about sectional hiking on the AT but will cover information about thru-hiking, equipment, preparation & planning, wilderness first aid, food, etc. as well.

Your suggestions will help us plan future episodes that benefit all hikers in general.

Check out www.athiking.libsyn.com (http://www.athiking.libsyn.com/)

Let us hear from you...

Many thanks!

Kerosene
04-28-2008, 10:27
Possible Topics

The various techniques and benefits to getting on/off the trail.
The best "one week" sections given different criteria (e.g., high/low fitness, short/long mileage days, Fall colors, most views for the effort, best views per mile, EZ on/off, etc.).
What information to share (or not) with passing hikers in person or in registers.
Finding water during drought conditions.
Most effective techniques to hitch a ride into town.
When to "bail" and when to "gut it out".
To share or not to share equipment?
How, and when, to ford a stream.
Preparing for a long above-treeline section (e.g., weather, sunscreen, wind, etc.).
Positioning food caches for the 1-2 week section hiker.

max patch
04-28-2008, 11:39
I would never ever ever want to do it myself; but I'd like to listen to Warren Doyle talking about his supported slackpack trips of the trail.

And as long as you have Mr Doyle, how about a podcast of how the trail has changed from his first hike to today.

Jack Tarlin is the most knowledgeable person about thru-hiking the trail today. A podcast of how he does it - equipment, resupply, etc - would be interesting and useful to first timers.

Any podcast in which Mr Doyle and Mr Tarlin are in the studio together would be worth paying for. :)

Toothless
04-28-2008, 12:15
Kerosene & Max Patch

Great suggestions. I will set your suggestions into motion for future podcasts. Interviews often take some time to set up but I will start making contact.