PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of this book?

Mrs Baggins
04-28-2008, 15:20
I saw a book on ebay that I've never seen before:

"Why I'll Never Hike the Appalachian Trail" by Mike Dickerman, published in 1997.

Anyone know anything about it?? Not listed on Amazon so I can't get any synopsis to read. The ebay listing says very little about it. :-?

wilconow
04-28-2008, 15:22
It is on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0965747514/ref=cm_rdp_product

Mrs Baggins
04-28-2008, 15:24
It is on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0965747514/ref=cm_rdp_product

Thanks! I did put in a part of the title, which usually works just fine for searching, and got nothing. Read the synopsis and it doesn't sound all that interesting so I'll pass on it.

chili36
05-01-2008, 11:40
With all the "How to hike the AT" books, I am not surprised someone tried the opposite approach.

Old Hillwalker
05-01-2008, 11:48
Was given it years ago. I found it to be one of those books that once you put it down you could never pick it up again. Not at all impressed.

Mrs Baggins
05-01-2008, 11:50
I just got Nomad's book on his East Coast hike (Ten Million Steps) and I am enjoying it but I do have a question..........it says he started at the Florida Keys. But the book opens with him, on Jan 1st, starting at the edge of the Everglades and doesn't mention the Keys at all. I'm only about 50 pgs into the book and would just like to know if he goes back and does the Keys???:-?

peakbagger
05-02-2008, 14:55
The dickerman book is bascially a reprint of newspaper articles he had written for a local paper. Unfortunately he had already done a book with his best articles so these were his second best.

rhjanes
05-02-2008, 15:39
I just got Nomad's book on his East Coast hike (Ten Million Steps) and I am enjoying it but I do have a question..........it says he started at the Florida Keys. But the book opens with him, on Jan 1st, starting at the edge of the Everglades and doesn't mention the Keys at all. I'm only about 50 pgs into the book and would just like to know if he goes back and does the Keys???:-?

I think he does. The book is in sections, by the trails he linked together. I'm in the AT secion. And then he goes on to the IAT. I think the very last section was the Keys.