PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Henhike?

Red Hat
04-29-2008, 10:20
Smile was planning a thruhike with a group of ladies. They were starting on April 1st. I've seen posts on TJ by Mrs Baggins and Melissa, but as far as I can see they are not with the HH any longer. Does anyone know if there is still a group of Henhike ladies out there?

Mrs Baggins
04-29-2008, 10:25
Smile was planning a thruhike with a group of ladies. They were starting on April 1st. I've seen posts on TJ by Mrs Baggins and Melissa, but as far as I can see they are not with the HH any longer. Does anyone know if there is still a group of Henhike ladies out there?

Roots just finished up the section she was doing and as far as I know Zeke is still out there. Rabbit is also still out there. Smile dropped off early on. Don't know about any others. I never started with the HH group. Went about a week later. I'm doing sections as I can get to them as is Melissa (now trail name S.H.O.E.)

Roots
04-29-2008, 10:26
Little Steps got off the trail before Fontana. I finished my section, Springer to Newfound Gap, on Saturday. Zeke was the only thru-hiker. She was at Standing Bear a couple days ago and is going strong. Everyone else was either doing sections or stopped. There ended up only being 5 of us in the beginning.

I miss the trail. It was the time of my life. I can't wait to get back out. I'll be on the trail again in a couple of weeks. Gungho and I are hiking into Trail Days. :)

Red Hat
04-29-2008, 11:20
Thanks for the input and congrats on completing your section Roots! I was originally going to go with the group, but decided to go SOBO instead. Somehow, after I decided to go SOBO, I was removed from the website. I wondered how many, if any, were still out there. I'll keep checking Zeke, Rabbit, SHOE, and Mrs Baggins journals.

Roots
04-29-2008, 14:37
Thanks for the input and congrats on completing your section Roots! I was originally going to go with the group, but decided to go SOBO instead. Somehow, after I decided to go SOBO, I was removed from the website. I wondered how many, if any, were still out there. I'll keep checking Zeke, Rabbit, SHOE, and Mrs Baggins journals.
Thanks for the congrats! I have a trailjournal also that I just put a bunch of pics on(I'm still working on labeling them). I will also be adding a journal or maybe 2 a day. I can't wait to keep reading everyone's adventures. I'll still be doing many trips on the AT this year so keep reading. :)

I know you are excited about your hike. I can't wait to follow along on your adventure. Good luck and Happy hiking. :)