PDA

View Full Version : Nimblewill Nomad

Brushy Sage
02-04-2004, 21:08
Who can tell me something about Nimblewill Nomad? I just saw his photograph at the top of the page -- most impressive! When I got to Neels Gap in 2002, the Wasil-Yi staff gave a party for my 73d birthday (Mar 8). They said Nimblewill Nomad had sent money to pay for doing "good things" for thru hikers, and the party was their first use of the funds.

A-Train
02-04-2004, 22:03
Similar thing done this yr. When I arrived at Neels Gap on 3/4 there was an awesome bbq run by the fine folks at Mountain Crossings where they must have fed 30+ hikers. The BBQ was for Winton, the owners birthday and apparently was funded by a donation from Niblewill Nomad for 2003 hikers.
So a huge thanks to Nimblewill and Winton and Margie!

hungryhowie
02-05-2004, 11:26
Who can tell me something about Nimblewill Nomad? I just saw his photograph at the top of the page -- most impressive! When I got to Neels Gap in 2002, the Wasil-Yi staff gave a party for my 73d birthday (Mar 8). They said Nimblewill Nomad had sent money to pay for doing "good things" for thru hikers, and the party was their first use of the funds.

He was the first person to hike from Key west, FL to Cape Gaspe, Quebec. He was also the first person to hike from Cape Gaspe, Quebec to Key West, FL. He's a poet, a hiker, and a fabulously cool dude. He wrote the book 10,000,000 steps, and (at least used to) has a website with tons of stuff on it. Google'em and see for yourself.

-Howie

jojo0425
02-05-2004, 11:38
I've met Nimble Will a couple of times at the AHTS (Alabama Hiking Trail Society) annual conference. The past two years he has attended.
He has a website: http://www.nimblewillnomad.com, check it out.
He is a very nice man and avid hiker. I've got his book "Ten Million Steps" which is a must read. This is a chronicle of his journey on the ECT. Wanderlust, we've all got it and he personifies it. If you get a chance to hear some of his poetry (read by him perferably) or read it, you should...it is fantastic!

Uncle Wayne
02-06-2004, 04:00
My wife and I met him at the Len Foote Hike Inn in Georgia a couple of years ago. A really interesting man to listen too. We enjoyed his company at supper and could have listened all night to his stories. I agree his book is a must read.