PDA

View Full Version : Whos ready for Trail Days?

Earl Grey
04-30-2008, 20:58
I cant wait personally. I'll be driving up there May 16 and arrive sometime in the morning and then I dont know what. I know a person I hiked with last year is going and im bringin my dog, so yeah. Is there a place around there to get a drink or what?

Pedaling Fool
04-30-2008, 21:31
I'll be on the trail - hiking south from Harper's Ferry. I went last year and was not impressed.

The Scribe
04-30-2008, 21:35
Me Me Me

As far as not being impressed, I can see your point. But it is what you make of it. I am sure if I hung out in certain areas, I wouldn't be impressed either. But I know what I want out of the weekend, search for it, find it, and enjoy it. It doesn't get any better than that.

Ron Haven
04-30-2008, 21:51
It will be fun. :D

Footslogger
04-30-2008, 21:53
I'm looking forward to it myself. 5 year anniversary since my thru and I just survived a serious heart attack so yeah ...it's special to me and I'll be there.

'Slogger

Lugnut
04-30-2008, 21:59
Trail Days may be so-so but I'll be happy to see you! :banana

wakapak
04-30-2008, 23:00
i cannot wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :banana :D :banana :sun

TOW
04-30-2008, 23:11
Trail days is already over with folks, you already lost out.......

Tinker
04-30-2008, 23:15
Not me. I can't find anyone from my area that's willing to pay even 1/4 of the total cost of gas to travel to Damascus. One of my two hiking buddies just backed out. The other one probably will also. Maybe next year????

camojack
05-01-2008, 00:41
I'm looking forward to it, as always. I'll be helping in the ALDHA tent on Saturday afternoon of that weekend, too...

Lone Wolf
05-01-2008, 06:59
how does one get "ready" for trail days?

Tin Man
05-01-2008, 07:06
how does one get "ready" for trail days?

Exercise your liver maybe?

Tin Man
05-01-2008, 07:07
Trail Days may be so-so but I'll be happy to see you! :banana

Um, is that a banana in your pants or are you happy? :-?

The New Wally
05-01-2008, 08:05
The night life in Damascus is starting to pick up. Dots has a good size crowd about every evening except Monday when it is closed. Sicily does a fair business until the hikers found out about Pizza Plus with all you can eat pizza. The Old Mill is depressing with hardly anybody at all going in to have a drink. The best night at the Mill was last friday when they had a band, 10 people were in there. The hostels have been full the past week.

Lugnut
05-01-2008, 08:36
Um, is that a banana in your pants or are you happy? :-?

Should have made it plainer. Comment was directed toward Footslogger. :o

The Old Fhart
05-01-2008, 08:45
Lone Wolf-"how does one get "ready" for trail days?"Townsfolk should hide the women and barnyard animals, board up the windows!;)

Tin Man
05-01-2008, 08:46
Should have made it plainer. Comment was directed toward Footslogger. :o

Actually, I got that. Dancing bananas and mentioning the word "happy" in the same sentence was too hard to resist...sorry about that.

Tin Man
05-01-2008, 08:50
Townsfolk should hide the women and barnyard animals, board up the windows!;)

Actually, I think LW said he was planning to post "no camping" signs in his yard...probably next to "yankee go home" signs.

camojack
05-01-2008, 09:43
Actually, I think LW said he was planning to post "no camping" signs in his yard...probably next to "yankee go home" signs.
I'm camping in his yard. ;)

And he is a Yankee... :eek:

Wonder
05-01-2008, 10:55
I don't feel like I'll even be ready. I have my first booth in the vendor area this year, and man is it a lot of work to get ready for!!! My hands, pliers, eyes and wallet are working overtime to get ready in time. I wish that I could be out enjoying the trail days day-life, but instead I'll be selling my handmade jewelry. Come visit me!!!! I'll be the chick behind all of the earrings :-)
At least I can get out and party at night........and then come home to my very own bed:D

camojack
05-01-2008, 10:58
I don't feel like I'll even be ready. I have my first booth in the vendor area this year, and man is it a lot of work to get ready for!!! My hands, pliers, eyes and wallet are working overtime to get ready in time. I wish that I could be out enjoying the trail days day-life, but instead I'll be selling my handmade jewelry. Come visit me!!!! I'll be the chick behind all of the earrings :-)
At least I can get out and party at night........and then come home to my very own bed:D
I'll visit ya, kiddo. :)

Wonder
05-01-2008, 11:18
Thank you, sweetness!

camojack
05-01-2008, 11:20
Thank you, sweetness!
I know you are, but what am I? ;)

Wait! Don't answer that... :eek:

Tin Man
05-01-2008, 11:47
I'm camping in his yard. ;)

And he is a Yankee... :eek:

Yeah, but he "discourages" Yankees from moving there. Must have reached their quota. :-?

StarLyte
05-01-2008, 11:50
I'll be there...no doubt. I love seeing friends old and new. I love volunteering, I love the nightlife, I love it all.

Hope to see Whiteblazers there too!

Hey Troll/Rock---what about breakfast this year? Let's do something different. I was very heartbroken about last year. DON'T want that to happen again, it split it us all up. No breakfast, no picture. Well, thank goodness for Cowboys, and I got to see some of you folks there.

I also want to get a group picture of Whiteblaze.net members. You only live once right, let's make history again.

Making breakfast and photo thread now. This way everyone can comment, participate, complain, gripe, yada yada.

warren doyle
05-02-2008, 12:33
Looking forward to another Trail Days:

Thur 5/15- 9-10:30 pm AT Slide Show Damascus Methodist Church
(note venue change)

Sat 5/17 4-5:15pm Circle of Dreams (1990AT Expedition documentary)
Rock School
5:15-6:30pm 30,000 miles of Trail Stories Rock School
7-7:30 pm Contradance - beginners workshop Rock School
7:30-10:30pm Contra Dance Rock School

The New Wally
05-03-2008, 07:52
It's official, Trail Days has started. The Public Works guys hung the Annual Trail Days signs up yesterday. Damascus was filled with merriment last night. The Mill had a total of 14 people singing Scarry Oakey. Just think how good they would sound if they sold liquor by the drink. Dots had standing room only 30 plus people eating and drinking, Sicillys and 4 people dining and the Auction House was filled to capacity. All the Bed & Breakfast places were filled MRO Hostel was maxed out by 9:00AM, The Place had some open beds and plenty of camping space.

Gaiter
05-06-2008, 12:16
i'm sooo excited, can't wait