PDA

View Full Version : REI Anniversary Sale - Starts Friday 5/2!!!

Summit
04-30-2008, 22:03
A buddy / salesman told me about it yesterday! Had the sales flyer/catalog in hand, but of course couldn't show it to me (without getting fired). He did hint that I might want to put the Mountainhouse meals I had in hand back because all Mountainhouse foods will be 20% off. There will be a 20% off on any one item for members, and many other steep discounts. The flyer I saw in his hand was pretty thick! That's all I know at this time! ;)

Thrasher
04-30-2008, 22:14
I got the flyer in the mail today.That's strange you couldn't take it because it says on mine "Postal Carrier: Please deliver April 28-30"

Lellers
04-30-2008, 22:21
I just got my flyer. I need a new daypack. My 8 year old pack finally shredded, and the duct tape isn't holding anymore. I'll probably take a drive over this weekend.

Summit
05-01-2008, 06:49
I got the flyer in the mail today.That's strange you couldn't take it because it says on mine "Postal Carrier: Please deliver April 28-30"I guess the stores' orders were not to show it a couple of days ago. I haven't received mine yet as of 4/30 mail delivery. Maybe it comes today? :-?

Mrs Baggins
05-01-2008, 07:24
I guess the stores' orders were not to show it a couple of days ago. I haven't received mine yet as of 4/30 mail delivery. Maybe it comes today? :-?

I didn't get one either. Feeling very left out :( But then the nearest store is 3 hours away in Atlanta. :mad:

KG4FAM
05-01-2008, 08:25
Perfect timing. I was going to get a pack for my dog, but thought I would wait until the beginning of the month to see if they would be running any deals.

Frau
05-01-2008, 09:00
Anyone check to see whether it is only an in-store sale? Guess I will look. D.C. is the closest one to me--no way, with diesel $4.19/gal.

Frau

Thrasher
05-01-2008, 09:24
Anyone check to see whether it is only an in-store sale? Guess I will look. D.C. is the closest one to me--no way, with diesel $4.19/gal.

Frau

The sale will be online as well.

Mercy
05-01-2008, 10:36
Yesterday I received an email from REI announcing their upcoming sale, with this link
http://www.rei.com/gearmail/gm0430_1/cm?cm_mmc=Email_com_gm-_-anniversary-_-043008b-_-btn_sale

It doesn't have the prices on it, but I guess these are the sale items.

Mercy

StepChld
05-01-2008, 12:09
Yesterday I received an email from REI announcing their upcoming sale, with this link
http://www.rei.com/gearmail/gm0430_1/cm?cm_mmc=Email_com_gm-_-anniversary-_-043008b-_-btn_sale

It doesn't have the prices on it, but I guess these are the sale items.

Mercy
Yeah, i got that same email yesterday too.
What was odd was that it said it couldn't show the Sale Prices yet...but I had received the flyer Tuesday, April 29th with the sale prices already noted:rolleyes: Good price on Keen's which shall be soon added to my closet:p

Bootstrap
05-01-2008, 12:11
I just got my flyer. I need a new daypack. My 8 year old pack finally shredded, and the duct tape isn't holding anymore. I'll probably take a drive over this weekend.

Doesn't that just mean you need new duct tape?

Jonathan

gungho
05-01-2008, 15:29
Oh man, Just made a purchase a couple of days ago. Oh well, that seems to always happen to me.

Summit
05-01-2008, 16:01

FrauThe sale is online as well. However, I have found that local stores have some freedom to move their own inventory backlog above and beyond the "official discounted items." Bottom line, more discounted merchandise in-store! ;)

Foyt20
05-03-2008, 21:43
Well, my local store (Marlton NJ) is having the sale, and i took advantage of it :D I got a new backpack (Osprey Aether 70, my fiancee bought it for me :D) a pair of crocs, a new blue leatherman micra, and an AT hikers Data book. My fiancee got a pair of cycling shoes, as she does spin class and needed hard sole shoes. All in all a good haul I think :D.

Topcat
05-04-2008, 07:10
i went yesterday...good prices on lots of stuff...bought my kid a new pair of boots for our trip this summer

Summit
05-07-2008, 19:06
My online order (placed first day of sale) arrived at the store (free shipping) today, a week ahead of promised delivery date. Got 15 Mountain House Meals - $30 savings, Sahara Convertible pants - $20 savings, and two REI long sleeve Sahara Tech Tees (poly) - $20 savings! What a deal. Thank you REI!

envirodiver
05-07-2008, 23:12
My online order (placed first day of sale) arrived at the store (free shipping) today, a week ahead of promised delivery date. Got 15 Mountain House Meals - $30 savings, Sahara Convertible pants - $20 savings, and two REI long sleeve Sahara Tech Tees (poly) - $20 savings! What a deal. Thank you REI!

Love the sahara convertible pants.

Summit
05-08-2008, 06:32
Love the sahara convertible pants.Yeah, I already have a khaki pair . . . these are the charcoal gray ones. They are great feeling and functional pants. At $35 that's less than a pair of Dockers! ;)