PDA

View Full Version : May 1st in Franklin,NC

Ron Haven
05-01-2008, 14:47
When I see May 1st roll by I have saw many many hikers pass north bound and our hiker season is almost over.I want to thank each and everyone who patronized our town and all who patronized my businesses.Although I may see 50 more or so going north in Franklin I hope to see all of you again.:)

We stop today running the morning shuttle to Winding Stair in the morning as a schedule but we will still be glad to help you if you call us.We all hope we have made your hike a little more pleasant as you came through.As sad as it seems that another year has passed we send all our best your way for a successful hike to Maine,

May God Bless all of you from My Family and all our staff at Budget Inn & Sapphire Inn in Franklin,NC-Ron Haven :sun

Roots
05-01-2008, 15:03
Hey Ron!!! Check out my April 15th journal on trailjournals.

I want to thank you again for 'rescuing' me when I came through. You and your hospitality is exactly what I needed to get me through my journey. I finished my section at Newfound Gap on Sat. the 26th. It was an amazing trip and I can not wait to get back out. I can't wait to see you again at Trail days. Take care and try not to eat all the ramps around WNC. :)

gungho
05-01-2008, 15:26
When I see May 1st roll by I have saw many many hikers pass north bound and our hiker season is almost over.I want to thank each and everyone who patronized our town and all who patronized my businesses.Although I may see 50 more or so going north in Franklin I hope to see all of you again.:)

We stop today running the morning shuttle to Winding Stair in the morning as a schedule but we will still be glad to help you if you call us.We all hope we have made your hike a little more pleasant as you came through.As sad as it seems that another year has passed we send all our best your way for a successful hike to Maine,

May God Bless all of you from My Family and all our staff at Budget Inn & Sapphire Inn in Franklin,NC-Ron Haven :sun

It is extraordinary people like you and your staff that put my mind at ease. Even though I did worry about Roots being on the trail without me, I knew we had many Friends on the trail that would pitch in and help at a moments notice. I cannot express how much I truly appreciate what you do day end and day out.

10-K
05-01-2008, 17:04
We'll be coming through there in a little over a week and are looking forward to staying with you.

I guess we should plan on hitching into town?

Bare Bear
05-01-2008, 17:45
There are a lot of places I have been on May 1 and Franklin would be high on my list of the good ones to be. Thanks Ron & staff.

chelko
05-01-2008, 17:47
Ron,

Thanks for the great shuttle you provided for our group back in Nov. And thanks for all you do for the trail community in general. It is people like you that make experiencing the AT whether as a section hiker or a thru a much more enjoyable endeavor.

You are a class act my friend.

Many thanks,

Kevin Chelko

buff_jeff
05-01-2008, 18:11
I'll be sure to give you a call when/if I roll through this summer, Ron. I've heard nothing but good things!

Survivor Dave
05-01-2008, 18:17
Hey Ronnie,

I had a blast in Franklin. Maybe next season, I might just have to come back and take a few more shuttles off your hands! I get the bus this time! LOL

And Ohhhhhhh!.......These girls from Three Eagles Outfitters......Yepper, I'll be back! I did say I want the bus for the 4 o'clock town re-supply run this time didn't I? LOL

Had a great time and thanks for your hospitality and rides. It was a pleasure. I'll try to be at the Christmas Party.

Survivor Dave.......On injured reserve:mad:

http://209.200.85.146/trailjournals/photos/6430/tj6430%5F032808%5F194754%5F304104.jpg

Skidsteer
05-01-2008, 18:27
Hey Ronnie,

I had a blast in Franklin. Maybe next season, I might just have to come back and take a few more shuttles off your hands! I get the bus this time! LOL

And Ohhhhhhh!.......These girls from Three Eagles Outfitters......Yepper, I'll be back! I did say I want the bus for the 4 o'clock town re-supply run this time didn't I? LOL

Had a great time and thanks for your hospitality and rides. It was a pleasure. I'll try to be at the Christmas Party.

Survivor Dave.......On injured reserve:mad:

http://209.200.85.146/trailjournals/photos/6430/tj6430%5F032808%5F194754%5F304104.jpg

But what a way to get injured.

Seriously, you all right Dave?

Survivor Dave
05-01-2008, 19:24
But what a way to get injured.

Seriously, you all right Dave?

Stress fracture of the left foot. Out 6-8 weeks. I'll hope to be back out somewhere at that time. Maybe SOBO, but I doubt it. We'll see.....

Maybe if Ron will sponsor me, I might do it! LOL

Ron Haven
05-01-2008, 20:13
Friends,
thanks for all the nice words.Hope to see all of you I can at Trail Days ;)