PDA

View Full Version : Places to fish in CT

DLim98
05-02-2008, 12:05
Hi guys,
I was just wondering if you knew of good places to fish on the CT section of the AT and if it is even allowed. Thanks in advance!

Tin Man
05-02-2008, 12:41
Hi guys,
I was just wondering if you knew of good places to fish on the CT section of the AT and if it is even allowed. Thanks in advance!

A good part of the AT in CT is right on the Housatonic River, where I see fishermen quite often. If you want to be legal, a license is required, which you can obtain online. Here is a link with more info...

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2696&q=322680&depNav_GID=1632&depNav=|

Old Grouse
05-02-2008, 18:15
BUT...the Housatonic is all catch & release due tp PCB contamination from the GE plant in Massachusetts.

Tin Man
05-02-2008, 18:51
BUT...the Housatonic is all catch & release due tp PCB contamination from the GE plant in Massachusetts.

Oops, I meant to mention something about glowing in the dark after eating a PCB trout. Good catch.

Do you know if Ten Mile River (next to Ten Mile Shelter, of course) is contaminated as well?

Old Grouse
05-02-2008, 19:27
I don't know, TM, but logic would tell is it isn't ... at least not from the same source. Yet I would think contaminated fish from the Housatonic would be likely to also swim up the Ten Mile, its tributary. At any rate I'm sure the licensing authorities will provide that info, and it may be posted along the riverbanks as well. Such pretty rivers. What a shame!

Tin Man
05-02-2008, 22:11
I don't know, TM, but logic would tell is it isn't ... at least not from the same source. Yet I would think contaminated fish from the Housatonic would be likely to also swim up the Ten Mile, its tributary. At any rate I'm sure the licensing authorities will provide that info, and it may be posted along the riverbanks as well. Such pretty rivers. What a shame!

You're right, it is a damn shame. Although, its not safe for fishing, the locals don't seem to mind taking a PCB bath during the summer.

Awesome spot where Ten Mile River meets the Housatonic as well as the water views around Bulls Bridge.