PDA

View Full Version : The Place / Damascus

barefoot
05-02-2008, 15:16
Is there a way to contact the church that runs The Place in Damascus? I've tried the church phone numbers from the web with no luck. I have a church youth group coming off the trail in July and we need a place to stay and then we are riding down the Crepper the next day. Can it be reserved or is it first come first serve?
Thanks

The Weasel
05-02-2008, 15:21
Is there a way to contact the church that runs The Place in Damascus? I've tried the church phone numbers from the web with no luck. I have a church youth group coming off the trail in July and we need a place to stay and then we are riding down the Crepper the next day. Can it be reserved or is it first come first serve?
Thanks

Bare --

I'm sure someone will give you some info on how to contact The Place, but generally it is a first come/served operation, with no real limit on who can come in. July may not be a huge thruhiker time, so it may not be busy, but sometimes hikers seem to get a bit irked with youth groups if they seem like they are taking the place over, so early contact with the church can help to minimize that.

There is also a Baptist Church in town with an active youth group, and you might consider contacting them, too. I don't know if they have shower/bath facilities, but they are good folk and might be able to assist if The Place doesn't work out.

TW

Lone Wolf
05-02-2008, 15:34
Thanks

it is first come, first served. it sleeps 30 or so comfortably inside and plenty of tenting space in the yard. 2 night stay limit unless other arrangements are made with Tom Hayes the caretaker. his # is 276-492-4060 for any questions

Lone Wolf
05-02-2008, 15:57
Bare --

but generally it is a first come/served operation, with no real limit on who can come in.

Trans-America bikers, Creeper Trail riders and AT hikers are the only people allowed to stay there

barefoot
05-02-2008, 20:58
Thanks Lonewolf for the number. We will be coming off a week long AT hike so I think we'll meet that requirement. Someone else has arranged the crepper ride so I'm not sure who we have for that.