PDA

View Full Version : Where to Hike?

Wolf - 23000
05-02-2008, 18:56
After working like crazy, I plan to finally take 10 days leave to take a hike, but where is the big question. I would like to have found a partner but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Does anyone have any suggestions of a 150 - 200 mile hike around the KY area?

Wolf

HippieHiker
05-02-2008, 21:53
hey im willing to go. i know a lot of the gorge....big south fork has some nice trails....i have wanted to take a trip to pisgah for a long time now. I see that you have done a lot of thru hiking, im planning a nobo for 09 so i would love to hear your advice. PM me if your interested.

e-doc
05-03-2008, 08:24
How far you willing to drive?

SGT Rock
05-03-2008, 09:12
To get that kind of range I would drive to Pearisburg from Fort Knox Wolf. There are 90 miles of trail at Mammoth Caves but you would do lots of re-tracing to try and cover them all, plus a lot of it isn't as challenging as you are use too. If you haven't tried the Pinhoti yet, that would be a drive to the start, but I think you could tear it up on that trail for that kind of mileage you are talking - it would just mean 2 of your days would be mostly driving days.

Wolf - 23000
05-04-2008, 13:30
Thank you all for your reply. I don't mind driving 10 - 12 hours if I have to but I really like to spend as much time hiking as possible.

I like to do around 200 miles if possible. I just don't know many trails in this area that are more than a simple over night or that of a day hike.

I've hike around Mammoth Caves a good amount and The Land of the Lakes area. Both were fun but I really like something a little harder.

Wolf

SGT Rock
05-04-2008, 13:32
Do the PT to the BMT to Springer. I figure from Knox it would be about a 8 hour drive to the southern end of the PT.

Bulldawg
05-04-2008, 13:47
Do the PT to the BMT to Springer. I figure from Knox it would be about a 8 hour drive to the southern end of the PT.

And that would be a good hike that is not overdone by anybody. Sort of almost a one of a kind hike.

Wolf - 23000
05-04-2008, 21:59

SGT Rock,

Great idea!!! I've never done the BMT yet!!! If I push it a little I might be able to complete the whole trail.

Wolf

Gray Blazer
05-04-2008, 22:32
Wattup, Wolf. Enjoy your hike. Can't wait to get out there.