PDA

View Full Version : Parking (Bear Mt, NY to Great Barrington, MA

modiyooch
05-03-2008, 20:00
Hoping to do 125-150 miles from Ft Montgomery, NY to Great Barrington MA +. We would like to park cars at both ends, and/or around Wingdale, NY. Does anyone know good safe places that will permit parking 1-2 weeks? Thanks in advance.

RITBlake
05-03-2008, 21:38
Hey, just saw your post. You could leave one car at my office, I'm just 20 mins south of Bear Mountain and I can shuttle you and your group up to the trail head. Let me know if I can help.

sasquatch2014
05-03-2008, 22:14
If you need one near Wingdale I can help Just a bit south of there in Pawling. Just let me know.

mrc237
05-03-2008, 22:49
Parked my car at the Bear Mtn Ranger/Police Sta for a week once just gotta let'em know. So. end of PL

canoehead
05-04-2008, 08:21
Sounds like you've got a good start with good folks. There is an AT parking lot 11/2 miles north of the Tom leonard shelter on Rt.23 in Great Barrington, MA a great place to leave a car

gsingjane
05-04-2008, 15:24
There is the Metro North railroad station in Wingdale, but I'm not sure if it's good for overnight parking. Maybe you could contact Metro North and see about it?

If you're looking to go up to Great Barrington, I parked at the Rt. 23 lot outside there for 4 nights with no problem, and our shuttler said there usually aren't problems there. BTW if you are looking for a MA shuttler, PM me because this guy is terrific and I would be happy to recommend him!

Jane in CT

sasquatch2014
05-04-2008, 19:23
The AT train stop is not where I would recommend leaving a car it is more a pull off than a lot.

RITBlake
05-04-2008, 20:40
There is the Metro North railroad station in Wingdale, but I'm not sure if it's good for overnight parking. Maybe you could contact Metro North and see about it?

If you're looking to go up to Great Barrington, I parked at the Rt. 23 lot outside there for 4 nights with no problem, and our shuttler said there usually aren't problems there. BTW if you are looking for a MA shuttler, PM me because this guy is terrific and I would be happy to recommend him!

Jane in CT

Jane can you PM the shuttle info.