PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

EMAN
05-05-2008, 08:09
Finally back online and I would like to thank the folks from WB who helped us out on a recent ice storm ended trip along the BMT. Frolicking Dino, Sgt. Rock, and Dixie were all of great help and darn nice folks. Didn't seem to mind where in the world they had to go to drop us off or pick us up.
Perhaps most importantly they didn't rub it in that I was a dumba** and didn't pack warmer stuff. Or really that I decided I wouldn't need it and left it all in my truck to lighten the load. Ho hum.....lessons learned!
Also, nice to meet Tipi Walters (BOB...sorry Tipi...long story there). Had dinner and tea with us and was also a really nice guy.
Good to meet all of these folks and thanks again.

Tipi Walter
05-05-2008, 09:12
It's always great to meet fellow backpackers on the trail and to hook up with fellow WBers. I'd like to hear more of your ice storm story and before that your walk along the Fodderstack in the rain. Especially the gear you had and the abrupt return off the trail.

BTW, your reference to BOB and being sorry, please explain. I'm no expert on computer acronyms but I figure BOB stands for Bail Out Bottle(ermergency air supply), and the elevation gain from Stiffknee up to Beech Gap could've put you in the Death Zone ha ha ha.

BOB? Bunch Of Bullstuff? Bring Own Booze? Bombs Over Baghdad?

The best thing to happen to me on the trip was the sudden dip in temperature and the resulting ice storm. I was up at around 5000 feet and was surprised and delighted. Of course, I was carrying enough winter gear to enjoy Momma Nature's mood swings and she always seems to keep my interest.

Cuffs
05-05-2008, 13:13
Eman said all I could say and more. Thanks again to all of you!

TIPI, the BOB reference was kind of an inside joke... Eman and I were talking after you had left our camp, and Eman asked... "you know what his real name is?" I suggested it might be Walter, but he thought it might be Bob....? I dont know... Just a guess.

(Eman, dont hate me for spilling that, but it sure was darn funny!

EMAN
05-05-2008, 13:26
It WAS funny. And yes TIPI, that's what it was about. Cuffs said 2 or 3 times...well, I think his name is TIPI WALTER...and I says I says....yeah but isn't his real name Bob? And she says she sayS....no you friggin idiot (well, she didn't actually say that but I'm sure it went through her mind) his name is WALTER...oh! duh!
We were already a bit damp from the Sun evening rainfall. When I woke Tues morning and my tent fly zipper was frozen and it was 25 degrees, I had to admit to my other blatant stupidity. That of leaving my extra warmer clothng in my truck. I noticed I was pretty cold from some time early Tues morn till we got up. The BA stuff never gets cold from the ground up but I did get pretty chilly on the top side. I didn't know what weather we might have in store for the rest of the week but I knew I did not have the correct stuff to appreciate another frozen 25 degree evening. Cuffs and I more or less discussed it (screw this...I'm outta here....lol) and we bailed.
Again, thanks to Sgt. Rock and Dixie for bailing us out. And not making light of my dumbness.

SGT Rock
05-05-2008, 14:49
I can make light out of it if you want me to ;)

saimyoji
05-05-2008, 15:06
Hmmm...new energy source: dumbness. There's billions to be made there. :cool:

dixicritter
05-05-2008, 15:13
Again, thanks to Sgt. Rock and Dixie for bailing us out. And not making light of my dumbness.

I couldn't have... Rock on the other hand (see above) ;)

It really was no problem at all. Was glad to help out.