PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Hiking Trail Society annual meeting

MOWGLI
02-06-2004, 08:44
The Alabama Hiking Trail Society will be holding their annual meeting (Alabama Trail Days) will be held March 26-28 near Birmingham.

http://www.alabamatrail.com/pages/9/index.htm

Flyin' Bryan Robinson will be speaking, along with some other folks. Looks like fun! I'll be there. How 'bout you?

Jeffrey Hunter

BrianMitchell
02-06-2004, 15:32
Wow, I didn't even know we had an Alabama Hiking Trail Society, much less a Trail Days event. Since I'm a bama boy, I guess I ought to try and make it.

Krewzer
02-06-2004, 23:49
Hey Y'all,

Thanks for posting this. I've heard about this hiker gathering in the past, but somehow managed miss it.

Anybody know much about this gathering or this group. I think I'm going, just to check it out anyway. Sounds like a good time. Anybody else from around Huntsville thinking about going?

Krewzer

SGT Rock
02-07-2004, 01:56
I wish I could be home by then. this would be a great way to get to know some of my hiking homeboys from Bama.

By the way, if anybody has never heard of it, the Pinhoti would make a great shake down trail for the AT. A 100+ mile long trail in Alabama.

Happy
02-07-2004, 02:06
SGT., you were hoping to be home by Thanksgiving...what do you hope for now?

MOWGLI
02-07-2004, 07:04
Hey Y'all,

Thanks for posting this. I've heard about this hiker gathering in the past, but somehow managed miss it.

Anybody know much about this gathering or this group. I think I'm going, just to check it out anyway. Sounds like a good time. Anybody else from around Huntsville thinking about going?

Krewzer

They are a good group of folks. One of the things they are trying to accomplish is to connect the south end of the Alabama Pinhoti Trail to the Florida National Scenic Trail. That walk is currently known as the Eastern Continental Trail (see forum on Nimblewill Nomad). Right now the walk between the Panhandle & the Pinhoti Trail is primarily a road walk.

Hope to see you there!

Jeffrey Hunter

SGT Rock
02-07-2004, 12:37
By Trail Days.

hungryhowie
02-07-2004, 12:38
The Alabama Hiking Trail Society will be holding their annual meeting (Alabama Trail Days) will be held March 26-28 near Birmingham.

Flyin' Bryan Robinson will be speaking, along with some other folks. Looks like fun! I'll be there. How 'bout you?

Jeffrey Hunter

That's the end of my Spring Break so I don't know if I'll be in town, but if I am I'll try to be there. Maybe I'll see you there, Little Bear.

-Howie

MOWGLI
03-26-2004, 18:45
Just a reminder, Alabama Trail Days starts today. The major activities are tomorrow. Here's a link to the activities.

Hope to see some of you there! I expect to be there by 3 PM (Central Time) tomorrow. I believe I am speaking at 7:30 PM. The slideshow I'll be giving highlights the trail system here in the SE, and a vision for connecting them all together. If any of you Whiteblazers are "in da house" please be sure to introduce yourselves.

Jeffrey Hunter
aka Little Bear (GA-ME 2000)