PDA

View Full Version : MSR Hubba Hubba vs. REI Quarter Dome T2

Lorcatronik
05-07-2008, 19:10
Any opinions between the MSR Hubba Hubba tent vs. the new REI Quarter Dome T2 tent. Looking for a tent for a single man, may look at a one-man tent as well, but liked the extra room of a two-man tent. The only difference between these two seems to be the pole configuration. It would be used in SC, NC, GA & VA area of the Appalachians. Any help would be appreciated.

Earl Grey
05-07-2008, 19:30
Any opinions between the MSR Hubba Hubba tent vs. the new REI Quarter Dome T2 tent. Looking for a tent for a single man, may look at a one-man tent as well, but liked the extra room of a two-man tent. The only difference between these two seems to be the pole configuration. It would be used in SC, NC, GA & VA area of the Appalachians. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the Hubba Hubba and its radical. Not sure about the other one

EMAN
05-11-2008, 16:49
I have the old style 1/4Dome and one of the new T2 models. The new model has more head space due to the pole config but I still like the old model better. I suppose once you get used to assembling the new one, i.e., which way do the poles go George, it ain't so bad. Just something about being able to shove two poles through two sleeves and voila...is so much better. I have friends with Hubbas that throw those things up pretty fast so it's probably mostly OE or ODA for me.

anarky321
05-11-2008, 21:03
although i dont own either what i noticed from researching them is that the T2 can be gotten with a grey (platinum) colored fly while the Hubba Hubba comes with a yellow-ish fly; id go with the T2 just on that basis - i wouldnt want to attract extra attention on the trail with a bright orange/red/yellow tent that can be seen for miles; others will disagree

(i might be wrong and you might be able to get the HH with a different colored fly if that is so please correct me thanks)

Summit
05-11-2008, 22:18
They're both good tents with lots of happy owners. It comes down to taste (curb appeal! :D ). I like the fly color and design of the T2 better, although I own/use a Sierra Designs Lightning, so what do I know? :p

anarky321
05-11-2008, 22:57
lol Summit i had a chance to get the T2 for $180 last night on ebay but i didnt and now its gone

anyways i cancelled the Heron 23 order and im probably going to go with either the T2 or the HubbaHubba...probably the T2...so you were right all along...lol

Summit
05-12-2008, 18:09
lol Summit i had a chance to get the T2 for $180 last night on ebay but i didnt and now its gone

anyways i cancelled the Heron 23 order and im probably going to go with either the T2 or the HubbaHubba...probably the T2...so you were right all along...lolAh, I see your color tastes are changing! :D :p

anarky321
05-12-2008, 18:26
lol....too early said...i bought a dark green Nemo Morpho AR last night ...i should have it by Wed.

Summit
05-12-2008, 19:09
Man, that's a radical tent. Keeping up with your direction in buying a tent has been like trying to nail jello to a wall! :D :p Hope it works out well for you. Let us know your thoughts on it after using it a bit. ;)

anarky321
05-14-2008, 20:41
so OK i have a hubba hubba now so i can legitimately post in this thread :) so far i really like the tent and would recommend it (love its pole design)

Grandma
05-14-2008, 21:12
I have the quarter dome, and have used it a couple of times. So far, I have not had any issues with it. It sets up quick, and I preferred the subtle colors over the hubba hubba. The side walls are almost vertical, which makes it feel larger than it is. It has two built in pockets in the ceiling, as well as pockets in the corners. Used my dividend so that was a plus.

sherrill
05-14-2008, 22:20
My wife and I have a hubba hubba and like it (I got over the color). After a small bit of practice we can have it up, with fly, in less than a minute. That was handy in March around Standing Indian to get out of an extremely cold wind.

anarky321
05-14-2008, 22:26
i actually changed my mind about tent color - although bright colors like red and orange dont blend well into the surroundings they provide a much 'warmer' psychological feeling while you are inside the tent, especially in bad weather...my light-green nemo was kind of depressing but the orange hubba is rather cheerful to be inside of....so there.. its a tradeoff between stealthiness and mood i guess...