PDA

View Full Version : Trailjournals help???

wakapak
05-09-2008, 21:59
okay, so i'm a little slow when it comes to this stuff, but I had started a TJ and had one posting already. Tonite I tried posting my maildrop list and another entry, and now when i try to view it as a guest, it says no journals found even though when i'm logged in they are there....can anyone help me on how to fix this??? :confused: no idea what i did!! :o

doggiebag
05-09-2008, 22:03
You need at least 3 journal entries before your TJ becomes viewable. Add another entry - put just anything down and see what happens. You can always edit it later.

wakapak
05-09-2008, 22:05
You need at least 3 journal entries before your TJ becomes viewable. Add another entry - put just anything down and see what happens. You can always edit it later.

it used to come up when i'd type my trailname in the search box on the home page...ill try that though, although i think it'll still be messed up. i did try deleting one and after that, this happened....i'll give it a shot though..

Captain
05-09-2008, 22:06
when you log out it updates your journal and you need to have three postings in your journal befor anything comes up other wise i believe it says " coming soon " if you requested a direct link ( ie www.trailjournals.com/captain )

wakapak
05-09-2008, 22:08
okay, so there's a link, and there's 3 there, but it still says journal not found...????

doggiebag
05-09-2008, 22:11
okay, so there's a link, and there's 3 there, but it still says journal not found...????
You always need to logout of TJ after editing an entry otherwise it wont save your edits. After pressing OK when you add a entry make sure you manually log out of the site. Did you do that?

wakapak
05-09-2008, 22:13
You always need to logout of TJ after editing an entry otherwise it wont save your edits. After pressing OK when you add a entry make sure you manually log out of the site. Did you do that?

i sure did!! i think i messed it up earlier when i tried deleting a post...i even logged out then, but like i said, after that it hasn't worked right!! i sent an email to the support there, but dont know how long it takes them to get back...oh well!

doggiebag
05-09-2008, 22:19
Here's some stuff from their site:
*Please Note - In order to have your journal linked to our journal page you must have at least 3 journal entries, set account status in your profile, post something (a start date) in the about hike page (http://www.trailjournals.com/login/about_edit.cfm?CFID=1700118&CFTOKEN=48754168&jsessionid=30307e82740c78274966) AND you MUST logout of your account. Logging out updates the journal page.

Did you set the account status in the profile ... either pre-hike, hiking etc?

wakapak
05-09-2008, 22:22
Here's some stuff from their site:
*Please Note - In order to have your journal linked to our journal page you must have at least 3 journal entries, set account status in your profile, post something (a start date) in the about hike page (http://www.trailjournals.com/login/about_edit.cfm?CFID=1700118&CFTOKEN=48754168&jsessionid=30307e82740c78274966) AND you MUST logout of your account. Logging out updates the journal page.

Did you set the account status in the profile ... either pre-hike, hiking etc?

i believe i did that the first day, b/c after my first post, even though it wasn't linked to the journal page, if you put my name in the search area it would pull it up....
thanks for helping by the way!! :)

doggiebag
05-09-2008, 22:30
Try putting in another 2 dummy entries ... just in case the system thinks you still don't have 3. Just type in anything. It might take the TJ guys a couple of days to get back to you. It's good you're finding about the sites characteristics early.

wakapak
05-09-2008, 22:33
Try putting in another 2 dummy entries ... just in case the system thinks you still don't have 3. Just type in anything. It might take the TJ guys a couple of days to get back to you. It's good you're finding about the sites characteristics early.

i'll try it....yeah, glad i'm figuring this out now then when i think i'm posting them from the trail and nothing is showing! :p

doggiebag
05-09-2008, 22:47
Your sites there ... here's the link: http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=228588

The problem is with their directory service. Your name is not linking to the file where your journal is. Just let Leif or zipdrive know that.
PS. Good writing by the way.

wakapak
05-09-2008, 22:49
Your sites there ... here's the link: http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=228588

The problem is with their directory service. Your name is not linking to the file where your journal is. Just let Leif or zipdrive know that.
PS. Good writing by the way.

cool!! how did find that?!?!? i'll let them know!! thanks a ton!!! :)

doggiebag
05-09-2008, 22:52
I've got skillzzz :cool: :D
Glad to help.

wakapak
05-09-2008, 22:53
I've got skillzzz :cool: :D
Glad to help.

I'd say you got mad skillzz!! :D :p

Jaybird62
05-09-2008, 23:00
Whooooooze got the mad skillllzzz......Dbag, hes got the mad skillllzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!:)

doggiebag
05-09-2008, 23:07
I have my moments - few and far in between as they may be. :D

Jaybird62
05-09-2008, 23:22
I have my moments - few and far in between as they may be. :D

Dude your trip videos are great......I will have to say though, my wife says that u need to chill out on your dog- I understand as Brookie (my beagle) can be as boneheaded as all get up and can frustrate the poop out of me sometimes- seriously great videos with some really cool tunes....(threadjack over sorry:o)

doggiebag
05-09-2008, 23:26
Dude your trip videos are great......I will have to say though, my wife says that u need to chill out on your dog- I understand as Brookie (my beagle) can be as boneheaded as all get up and can frustrate the poop out of me sometimes- seriously great videos with some really cool tunes....(threadjack over sorry:o)
Thanks for the props. Aldo's a happy dog.
Cattledogs can be a headstrong breed. In Aldo's case he only listens to commands that are loud and sharp sounding it's for his
safety that I have to sound authoritative. Othewise he hesitates in obeying important commands that keeps him out of trouble.

sofaking
05-10-2008, 00:09
doggiebag should think about adding a 'Dr' in front of his name...

Lone Wolf
05-10-2008, 00:23
okay, so i'm a little slow when it comes to this stuff, but I had started a TJ and had one posting already. Tonite I tried posting my maildrop list and another entry, and now when i try to view it as a guest, it says no journals found even though when i'm logged in they are there....can anyone help me on how to fix this??? :confused: no idea what i did!! :o

fix it? don't do a journal. they're all the same. just walk

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-10-2008, 06:05
Wakapak - I found your journal so I think your problem has been fixed: http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=7310

Captain
05-10-2008, 06:15
i just clicked it and it said entry not found X / X

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-10-2008, 06:29
Hmmmm.... maybe I got there because the entry was already in my cache :confused:

sasquatch2014
05-10-2008, 10:14
I think it's great when people journal it gives others who can't be out on the trail a chance to enjoy your journey. It also give you something to look back on and remember fondly when you are at work wishing you are on the trail. I would love it if more people were willing to share.