PDA

View Full Version : REI attic sale..

ToyYoda
05-11-2008, 22:08
Ok, so I just joined REI a few weeks ago, hit this months anniversary sale, spent way more than I wanted. Then they tell me theres an attic sale on the 24th at 10am for members only. Thanks REI, as if you haven't gotten enough of my money.

How do these usually work, is it a mad house or what? Is this like tickle me elmo on crack? We shall see I suppose. Cause you bet I'll be there.

If you remember (or look, its not too far down) my first thread.. you'll notice I said I wanted to get geared up for under 400. I spent 350 on tent, boots, and some misc during the anniversary sale alone.

You guys have turned me into a junkie. I hope all of you are happy.

:banana

Captain
05-11-2008, 22:29
yes yes we are happy your tears sustain us mmm

ToyYoda
05-11-2008, 22:30
That's good.

Two Speed
05-11-2008, 22:30
. . . You guys have turned me into a junkie. I hope all of you are happy.

:banana :welcome Yeah, actually we are a pretty happy bunch.

Grandma
05-11-2008, 22:39
Never heard of the attic sale...is it like their scratch and dent sale? Is it at all locations?

ToyYoda
05-11-2008, 22:45
Never heard of the attic sale...is it like their scratch and dent sale? Is it at all locations?

Yeah, the first person that told me about it said scratch and dent. The flyer I got said attic sale though.

One in the same I imagine.

I don't know if its all locations. This is for College Park, MD.

Feral Bill
05-11-2008, 22:58
To answer your question, yes, it is a madhouse. Get there very early and keep a clear head. You could do very well.

desdemona
05-11-2008, 23:11
I did really nicely at their "attic sale". One of their W-B jackets ($120) for $25 (small tear--hardly noticable), some cargo pants for $7 (easily fixed broken zipper), and some shoes for $8 (missing insoles, laces). My hiking partner, however, didn't find anything. So I guess it is what you are looking for. It is quite a madhouse. You'd do better going early.

--des

ToyYoda
05-11-2008, 23:40
Sweet. Early it is.

jhick
05-12-2008, 07:26
At the REI near me in NJ, they call them garage sales. I've been to a few and have gotten some great deals. Some people actually set up tents the night before and camp out in line. In the past, everything was laid out on tables in one area and it was a mad house. Now they put the stuff in the different sections of the store on a rack or table.