PDA

View Full Version : Hampton, TN

Kozmic Zian
02-08-2004, 01:20
If you leave the Laurel Shelter in Pond Mt Wilderness-TN and take the next blue blaze to the left, you can walk into Hampton, TN and stay at the Breamar Castle. The folks that run it'r really nice and don't get in your business....They'll shuttle for free and get anything you need....Hostel is warm and comfy....In an old building used by CCC boys and forresters in the 40's and 50's... Somebody rock and concreted the entire outside....looks like a Castle, thus Breamar Castle. You may run into an old friend there, Psycho, who's walked the trail bout 7or 8 times...sheesh!..........KZ@

Lone Wolf
02-08-2004, 09:12
That would be Seiko ,aka Jaded ,aka Bushman.

Jack Tarlin
02-08-2004, 14:49
Just for the sake of accuracy, I'm not sure how many times Seiko has hiked the Trail, as most of his longer hikes weren't necessarily entire thru-hikes. I don't even think HE keeps track of his actual mileage, as that's not what he's all about. I do know, tho, that he's accumulated a lot more than the 15-17 thousand Trail miles that "7 or 8" thru-hikes would account for. This is a VERY accomplished, very down-to-earth guy, and if you encounter him in Hampton, Kincora hostel, or anywhere else, you'll really enjoy talking to him.

Kozmic Zian
02-08-2004, 17:43
Just for the sake of accuracy, I'm not sure how many times Seiko has hiked the Trail, as most of his longer hikes weren't necessarily entire thru-hikes. I don't even think HE keeps track of his actual mileage, as that's not what he's all about. I do know, tho, that he's accumulated a lot more than the 15-17 thousand Trail miles that "7 or 8" thru-hikes would account for. This is a VERY accomplished, very down-to-earth guy, and if you encounter him in Hampton, Kincora hostel, or anywhere else, you'll really enjoy talking to him.

Thanks for the specifics, guys. KZ@

TownDawg
09-17-2004, 13:57
I was just going to say that I think a lot of Bob Peoples, and Kincora Hostel.