PDA

View Full Version : Continental Divide Trail Cultivates Its Own Culture - Steamboat Magazine

WhiteBlaze
05-14-2008, 15:20
More... (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=T&ct=us/2-0&fd=R&url=http://www.steamboatmagazine.com/articles/180.php&cid=0&ei=ZjsrSM7kAp3w8ASDkJXSAw&usg=AFrqEzftJJjGtTp-UDora5n4eXnDSscaGg)

Lint
04-28-2009, 15:50
Now THAT was a good article.;)

snowhoe
04-28-2009, 15:54
I read it in the MATRIX!

JDCool1
05-01-2009, 23:34
I discovered if you click on "more' you will get the complete and readable article. Great story.

SunnyWalker
10-03-2009, 19:48
Yeah. Outstanding. I drove to Antelope Wells, NM this last week. Neat. Dreaming . . . .

Chenango
10-04-2009, 09:22
Nice article. Thanks.

Tilly
10-04-2009, 11:16
Good article. Did anyone see "Walking the Great Divide" on PBS the other day? Yeah, that's conductive towards finding a job and signing a lease:)

Dogwood
10-04-2009, 12:09
Well written article overall, but some still don't GET IT. Sure, some hike to escape "real life," as the article states, but there are many, like myself, that thru-hike to escape "to real life." This isn't just a matter of semantics. It's heeding that inherent calling deep in each of our souls that desires to connect with nature, something higher, and the true essence of civilization. It's about realizing, that we as humans, are a part of the natural world, not separate from it. It's about accepting the kinship of all creatures and acknowledging unity with the universe which are concepts that often get lost in a world where man sees himself separate from nature or a thing that needs to be tamed, managed, dominated, developed, or exploited for economic gain.

Sly
10-04-2009, 12:39
Yeah. Outstanding. I drove to Antelope Wells, NM this last week. Neat. Dreaming . . . .

I suggest the official route that starts at Crazy Cook or the official CDTS alternate that starts near Columbus. Antelope Wells has too much of a road walk.

wrongway_08
04-28-2010, 10:26
This trail has been on my to do list after the A.T. in 2008. These little articles just make me want to do it sooner.

Graywolf
04-28-2010, 14:03
Well written article overall, but some still don't GET IT. Sure, some hike to escape "real life," as the article states, but there are many, like myself, that thru-hike to escape "to real life." This isn't just a matter of semantics. It's heeding that inherent calling deep in each of our souls that desires to connect with nature, something higher, and the true essence of civilization. It's about realizing, that we as humans, are a part of the natural world, not separate from it. It's about accepting the kinship of all creatures and acknowledging unity with the universe which are concepts that often get lost in a world where man sees himself separate from nature or a thing that needs to be tamed, managed, dominated, developed, or exploited for economic gain.

Agree 100% Dogwood..

Graywolf

SunnyWalker
05-18-2010, 18:09
Yeah, pretty good article. I read it again. I hike cuz its just fun.

sasquatch2014
05-18-2010, 18:17
This trail has been on my to do list after the A.T. in 2008. These little articles just make me want to do it sooner.

Well it's time you get off your ass and do something you slacker!:D