PDA

View Full Version : Camelback Bladder has spots

Foyt20
05-14-2008, 22:30
Can anyone give any tips on what these are, if they will make me sick or do i need my eyes checked. I have a 70 oz camelback, and it has 4 small brown spots inside. I put some diluted bleach in it, so what ever it is cant be alive, but then i tried to scrub it with a paper towl and a stick (us jersey guys are real classy) to no avail.

Any thoughts?

:D

take-a-knee
05-14-2008, 22:31
Can anyone give any tips on what these are, if they will make me sick or do i need my eyes checked. I have a 70 oz camelback, and it has 4 small brown spots inside. I put some diluted bleach in it, so what ever it is cant be alive, but then i tried to scrub it with a paper towl and a stick (us jersey guys are real classy) to no avail.

Any thoughts?

:D

Did you ever put any iodine tablets into the bladder? If so, there's your answer.

Foyt20
05-14-2008, 22:34
I have used iodine in it (aqua mira) thats the answer? So it is a ok to still use right?

Foyt20
05-14-2008, 22:35
I feel like such a noob asking this. Just dont feel like droppin $30 on a new one

:-?

bullseye
05-14-2008, 23:07
I have used iodine in it (aqua mira) thats the answer? So it is a ok to still use right?

Aqua Mira's not iodine. It is iodine free.

warraghiyagey
05-15-2008, 00:15
I only got spots in mine from iodine tabs. Learned quickly to give them a minute to start disolving and then shake it up, the tabs leave a tough to remove spot very quickly. Harmless though.

Jimmers
05-15-2008, 00:20
If you have one, just use a long-necked scrubber (like this (http://www.amazon.com/Quickie-126-Bottle-Scrubber-Pad/dp/B000H0IOPG)) that you would use to wash out the inside of a glass with. The cleaning kit Camelback sells uses what is essentially a cut down, skinnier version of one of these. It'll take off anything that doesn't belong there quick, while leaving the bladder intact.:)

Squeamish
05-15-2008, 15:11
I mixed mine with one tablespoon of bleech in my Camelbak. Depending on the size of it, you may need two