PDA

View Full Version : Where's Rooster?

josiblue
05-16-2008, 11:48
well, today should be sean's (rooster's) first full day on the trail. he left for springer from northern kentucky/cincinnati yesterday morning and was planning on spending the night at the shelter and setting out this morning. he is planning on a five-month thru, so he should be setting a pretty good pace. if you see him, wish him luck, he'll be the big guy with tie on.
~josi

Mad Hatter 08
05-16-2008, 14:16
hey josi, sorry you weren't able to get out there this year. I ended up having to get off at neel's gap, but I'm going to pick up again for a few weeks at least next year and I may have a partner this time, my mom is seriously thinking about taking it up too.
tell rooster good luck

josiblue
05-22-2008, 21:56
well, i just talked to sean today, and he is in hiawasee at the inn taking the day off because he scratched his eye (contact lens problem) other than that he is doing great and having a great time. he should be hitting the smokies a day or two before june. that's all for now.
~josi

josiblue
05-27-2008, 16:46
sean is at the NOC today and staying there for the night. it's snowing apparently.
~josi

MOWGLI
05-27-2008, 16:51
sean is at the NOC today and staying there for the night. it's snowing apparently.
~josi

Sean must have a temp job at NOC. Is his title Snow Job Manager? :p

josiblue
05-28-2008, 02:52
i must admit, i am a little confused, according to the nws, it was in the seventies there today. of course, it is very possible that i misunderstood him, it wouldn't be the first time...
~josi

MOWGLI
05-28-2008, 07:43
i must admit, i am a little confused, according to the nws, it was in the seventies there today. of course, it is very possible that i misunderstood him, it wouldn't be the first time...
~josi

No worries Josi. I get confused regularly myself. :sun

It was in the 80s here in SE Tennessee, so I knew it wasn't snowing at NOC.

josiblue
05-28-2008, 17:17
one time, many many moons ago, in like 99 or 2000, sean and i were hiking in red river gorge in early april, it had been in the fifties and sixties all day, well we are walking back toward our campsite along the ridge, and this little white stuff starts coming from the sky. at first i was all like, no way, it must be ash (i have been near a forest fire before and have seen ash falling like snow) or something, but as some of it hit my arms, i realized it was definitely snow. the weather is known to change quickly that time of year, and we had been hiking for a while, so our bodies were warmer than usual anyway, but i asked sean "is it snowing?" and replies "oh good, you see it too, i was worried the world was ending." good times good times
~josi

josiblue
05-30-2008, 10:52
just talked to sean, he is heading out of fontana dam this morning.... already a couple days ahead of his plan for the first month...
~josi

josiblue
06-07-2008, 02:08
alright alright alright, sean is at hot springs and heading out tomorrow, moving right along...

Mad Hatter 08
06-07-2008, 16:04
way to go for rooster tell him i said keep it up

josiblue
06-09-2008, 20:46
well, sean was in erwin today. also he has picked up the trailname "yogi" and has been given a new tie.
~josi

josiblue
06-19-2008, 20:14
Yogi, just called, he at Kincora heading toward Damascus. He got laid up for five days with a bee-sting that turned into a staph infection, fun times. He is alright now though and looking to trade out his heavy gregory pack for an UL pack of some type... ahh the fun never ends....
~josi

josiblue
06-23-2008, 19:07
through damascus now, and still going strong... considering a flip-flop because of time, but still up in the air. if you see yogi/sean out there, tell him to watch out for the SHEEP!
~josi

josiblue
07-08-2008, 15:53
Catawba, that's right, after meeting his parents for the fourth, yogi is trekking along, in really uncomfortable new boots that he is going to have to address sooner than later. going to flip-flop from Waynesboro for sure now.

A-Train
07-08-2008, 16:05
Catawba, that's right, after meeting his parents for the fourth, yogi is trekking along, in really uncomfortable new boots that he is going to have to address sooner than later. going to flip-flop from Waynesboro for sure now.

Why? He's got 100 days until Katahdin closes and 1450 miles to go. Seems like he was making above average miles from Springer.

josiblue
07-09-2008, 01:07
i think he just wants to make sure he can take his time in case something comes up... not entirely sure, but it is what he has decided to do, so, go yogi.

josiblue
07-20-2008, 01:55
yogi is currently on a bus on his way to maine. goodtimes. about to be heading south back toward waynesboro.

josiblue
08-17-2008, 15:03
sorry i haven't updated in a while, been kinda distracted with work and all, but for those who wish to know, yogi made it to katahdin from waynesboro and has already made it through maine and is in new hampshire. also, anybody who wants to recieve his email updates, they are rather entertaining, pm me and i will add you to his list.
okay, hope you all are well and enjoying the olympics and the opening weekend of the premiere league (go blues!)
~josi

boarstone
08-17-2008, 15:22
Chewbalker(sp) stepped into the "100 mile wilderness" on Sat. in the company of Josh, Jesse and Tyler...or the other way around(?)....

josiblue
08-27-2008, 22:32
just heard from yogi. he is tired. and there are no more "mountains named after presidents" for him to climb. less than a thousand to go!
~josi

josiblue
10-24-2008, 00:14
okay, so i have done a horrible job updating lately. sorry. but yogi is finishing up today/tomorrow and is being picked up in waynesboro by his brother saturday. He walked from springer north then caught a bus from waynesboro to katahdin and hiked south. and now he is coming home. and i forgot to dvr jeopardy for him. i am a terrible friend... but he does have a new couch and loveseat that i gave him waiting for him, so that's something, right?
~josi

josiblue
10-27-2008, 14:34
Yogi is home, his trek is finished. He is already talking about his next adventure (CDT or PCT maybe)... Let him know how proud we are of him!