PDA

View Full Version : Are there any other women planning...

TRIP08
05-17-2008, 22:28
To start soon? I was delayed by school, and I'd like to start soon. I was wondering if there are any other women who want to start off together for safety purposes.

shoe
05-17-2008, 23:12
I am heading out June 7th. I am starting in Catawba and heading to Maine and then flipping back and heading south from Catawba.

Kind of late for a traditional NOBO, are you heading south?

TRIP08
05-17-2008, 23:58
I am heading out June 7th. I am starting in Catawba and heading to Maine and then flipping back and heading south from Catawba.

Kind of late for a traditional NOBO, are you heading south?

Yes, I'm trying to see as far as I can get on a NOBO. I couldn't leave any earlier because of school.

jnetx
05-18-2008, 07:58
I'm tentatively planning a June 10 SOBO start, but have a knee injury that may create a delay or possibly even prevent any start this season.

Have spent the past couple of weeks with ice, rest and some rather strong painkillers. I'm returning to the US this week and will be able to get a proper medical consult to see if June 10 is still realistic.

If you're considering SOBO drop me an email and I'll let you know if we're heading out.

Lilred
05-18-2008, 10:28
To start soon? I was delayed by school, and I'd like to start soon. I was wondering if there are any other women who want to start off together for safety purposes.

Sallie, I'm only section hiking, but I'm starting the 25th of this month (1 week from today...:D:D) I'm starting in Catawba and heading north for five or six weeks. If you want to start with me, I'd be fine with that. By the time I get off the trail, or before, you'll likely hook up with thru hikers. PM me if you're interested and I'll let you know where we can meet and what time. I'm supposed to meet up with a thru hiker I met at Springer, I'm hoping he makes it, he's leaving Damascus today, but if he doesn't get there on the 25th, he'll catch up to me quickly.

If you do a flip flop from Catawba, you'll be in the thick of the thru hikers heading north, then when you flip back down to Catawba, you'll be with the Sobo's, best of both worlds.

tinky wink
05-30-2008, 10:05
We are leaving springer june 21th. two chicks and a dog!!!!! The dream of a life time coming true!!!!!!!!!!

LENGO
06-01-2008, 17:44
Two of us are starting in September at Springer. We're both athletic so we think we can go the 75 miles we want to do in a week. Any help is much appreciated!:D