PDA

View Full Version : Bascoms 9th Annual RPH Work Party & Hiker feed!

bascomgrillmaster
05-17-2008, 23:31
Hello fellow hikers!

This July 11-13 We're having our 9th annual RPH Work Party and hiker feed. We'll be camping out at RPH Cabin in Hopewell Junction, NY for the weekend, doing trail maintenance and feeding hungry hikers (and workers too!)

In past years, we've built a new outhouse, installed treadways and waterbars, and last year built a brand new bridge to replace the 25 year old one behind the shelter. Each year we have been lucky to have great volunteers who give of their time and energy to help maintain the trail and the shelter. We have a number of great projects this year and there will be something for everyone to do.

You're invited to come spend the weekend with fellow hikers and help maintain the trail for generations to come. You will be well fed.

How do you like your steak?? :)

For more info: http://timtrek.mikentim.com (http://timtrek.mikentim.com)

Tim 'Bascom' Messerich
[email protected]
845-297-9573

Note RPH Cabin address:

Hortontown RD (1/4 south of Miller Hill Rd)
Hopewell Junction, NY
(near Taconic State Parkway - more info on website)

LIhikers
05-18-2008, 00:41
My wife and I joined Tim's work party for one day last summer and it was a great experience. Good people doing good work. If any of you are considering going I'd encourage you to give it a try.

Tin Man
05-18-2008, 00:47
I am close enough, for sure, and I would love to help. Maybe one day when the boys are done Little League, etc.

taildragger
05-18-2008, 01:13
It was fun last year. I wish that I still lived there so I could get out and do it again.

Kevin A. Boyce
05-30-2008, 08:58
I also posted a reply over at the RPH thread for Tim in the shelter forum here on WB with some info as well.

Tim runs a top notch weekend, lots of food, lots of fun, and lots of trailwork for all abilities!

A-Train
06-29-2008, 23:50
I'm planning on being there, as is my girlfriend, atleast for part of the weekend. Looking forward to it. :)