PDA

View Full Version : Grace Anna

Jaybird62
05-19-2008, 11:12
Hey everybody. Just wanted to let y'all know that Mrs. Bird and I's first little one arrived Sat. May 17 @ 11:32 a.m. Grace Anna Baker was a healthy 8 pounds and 21 and a quarter inches long......Wow- what an incredible experience, we are both so filled with joy!!!!!!!!:banana:D:bananaHope everyone has a great day!!!! BTW, I'll try to get some pics up in my gallery later on......;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-19-2008, 11:17
Congrats !!!
...........http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Frequently%20used/DinoDancingSinging.gif

Jaybird62
05-19-2008, 11:20
Thank you She-Dino!!!!!Cute grandkid on your avatar!!!!!!!!!

auburnbreeze
05-19-2008, 11:22
Hey everybody. Just wanted to let y'all know that Mrs. Bird and I's first little one arrived Sat. May 17 @ 11:32 a.m. Grace Anna Baker was a healthy 8 pounds and 21 and a quarter inches long......Wow- what an incredible experience, we are both so filled with joy!!!!!!!!:banana:D:bananaHope everyone has a great day!!!! BTW, I'll try to get some pics up in my gallery later on......;)

Congrats JayBird!! Take care of both! And you too!

Lilred
05-19-2008, 11:23
What fantastic news!! Congratulations on your little hiker!!!

woodsy
05-19-2008, 11:41
Congratulations to the Bird family!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy096.gif
Hope he inherited your sense of humor!

Ghosthiker
05-19-2008, 11:41
Congratulations, JayBird

Thru Hiker Wife
05-19-2008, 13:22
Congrats, dude! I KNOW you're thrilled!!! Hope momma and Grace are both doing well since I know Grace came a wee bit early.

Blissful
05-19-2008, 13:30
That is so exciting!!! Congratulations.

Hooch
05-19-2008, 13:46
Congrats to you and your new family! I'm glad both Mom and baby are happy, healthy and doing well. Oh yeah, we're glad you survived it, too. :D

leeki pole
05-19-2008, 14:17
Congratulations, like my father-in-law told me 24 years ago when I came out of the delivery room to give the family the good news, "there's nothing like a little girl." He was right. All the best to you and your family.

envirodiver
05-19-2008, 14:44
Wah hoo!!!:banana:banana

I've raised 2 daughters and it has been a truly wonderful experience. Wouldn't trade a moment.

There is a special bond between daughters and Dad's. UIt's great. You are in for the time of your life.

Glad everyone is healthy.

Cookerhiker
05-19-2008, 14:48
Congratulations! It's been 27 years since my "blessed event" but I remember it well.

Now as to a Trail Name: how about Gabby? It starts with her initials.:D

Lellers
05-19-2008, 14:59
Most excellent news! Just the other day I was wondering if your daughter had arrived yet! All the best to you and your wife. I hope that we'll see all of you on the trail soon, including Brooke the hiking Beagle.

Jaybird62
05-19-2008, 16:05
Thank you to everyone. I have a carrying backpack, so it won't be long before we are all out on the trail!! She was not due until June 16, but I kind of think that their dates were a little off. We found it kind of funny that our 8 pound baby was considered a "premmy" Either way, both Cheryl and the baby are doing great!!!!:sun:sun:sun

Jaybird62
05-19-2008, 16:35
Gracies pictures are up

Hooch
05-19-2008, 16:48
Gracies pictures are up
Awesome pics, Jaybird. Thanks for sharing with us. What a cutie! I haven't seen a child that precious since my own son came along almost 7 years ago to make my life a brighter place. Congrats again to you and your family!

A-Train
05-19-2008, 17:38
Congrats dude!!

LOVE the names. I plan to use Grace if/when I have a girl. Luckily my brother's had 2 boys :)

And my girlfriend's name is Anna.

Grace Anna, nice Polish name, no?

Montego
05-19-2008, 18:15
CONGRATS. Another hiker is born, and the world is a better place!

Cookerhiker
05-19-2008, 18:21
Awesome pics, Jaybird. Thanks for sharing with us. What a cutie! I haven't seen a child that precious since my own son came along almost 7 years ago to make my life a brighter place. Congrats again to you and your family!

Inquiring minds want to know: does your son look like you?

Hooch
05-19-2008, 18:26
Inquiring minds want to know: does your son look like you?You tell me. :rolleyes:

Jaybird62
05-19-2008, 18:26
Congrats dude!!

LOVE the names. I plan to use Grace if/when I have a girl. Luckily my brother's had 2 boys :)

And my girlfriend's name is Anna.

Grace Anna, nice Polish name, no?

That's pretty cool man!! Yeah, my wife had picked out the name Grace years ago when she dreamed of having a little girl. We thought Anna went really well with it. I wish you the best in having a little one some day. There are certain moments in my life that have flooded me with overwhelming joy and happiness. This amazing time in my life is ....just........well I guess words can't describe!!!! Thank you to everyone for the kind words- it means so much to us!!!!!!:D:sun:D:sun

Jaybird62
05-19-2008, 18:32
You tell me. :rolleyes:

Wow!!!! Dude, he looks A LOT like you!!!Thanks for sharing the pictures!!:)

Hooch
05-19-2008, 18:36
Wow!!!! Dude, he looks A LOT like you!!!Thanks for sharing the pictures!!:)That's my lil hammocker. :D Back to the subject at hand......didn't mean to hijack your thread Jaybird.

Jaybird62
05-19-2008, 18:57
Congratulations! It's been 27 years since my "blessed event" but I remember it well.

Now as to a Trail Name: how about Gabby? It starts with her initials.:D

Thanks Cookerhiker. That could be a cool name. So far she has been doing a lot of "cooing" and not a whole lot of crying, so that may be an appropriate name.....Heres to hoping that the lack of crying keeps up!!!:banana

Jaybird62
05-19-2008, 18:59
Most excellent news! Just the other day I was wondering if your daughter had arrived yet! All the best to you and your wife. I hope that we'll see all of you on the trail soon, including Brooke the hiking Beagle.

Thank you Lellers......I am looking forward to that day when we can all share in exploring this beautiful world that we live in:)

Jaybird62
05-19-2008, 19:00
That's my lil hammocker. :D Back to the subject at hand......didn't mean to hijack your thread Jaybird.

No worries buddy.....I don't mind if others want to share pictures of their little ones....Its really cool to compare the parent/sibling pictures:)

peanuts
05-19-2008, 19:18
congratulations!!!

camojack
05-19-2008, 21:46
WOO to the HOO!!!
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/bday.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Bulldawg
05-19-2008, 21:54
Awesome, I would have never thought it, but Dads and Daughters end up being much closer than Dads and Sons. My Daughter and I are tight. My son and I get along and have lots of fun, but my little girl is my baby. We do all sorts of stuff together. Just tonight we planted 4 60 feet rows of corn together! It is an awesome experience. We are doing a 15 mile overnighter in about two or three weeks. Going to do Standing Indian summit Saturday. I hope you enjoy your little baby girl as well.

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/5/3/5/4/dsc06699.jpg

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/5/3/5/4/dsc06701.jpg

I couldn't resist. I apologize!!

Farr Away
05-20-2008, 00:20
Congratulations! All the best to you and yours. Glad everyone is doing well!!

Trillium
05-20-2008, 00:53
CONGRATULATIONS Jaybird!!! Your daughter is very precious. The 2 of you look very contented in the pic.

Bulldawg, your daughter is a cutie!

Just a little suggestion for the future for you dads of daughters. Consider taking your daughter out every now and then once she is about 10 or so to dinner and both of you get dressed up. Then she'll know how future boyfriends should treat her, will know how to act on a date with a young man, and will also feel very special going out with dad.

Jaybird62
05-20-2008, 21:32
CONGRATULATIONS Jaybird!!! Your daughter is very precious. The 2 of you look very contented in the pic.

Bulldawg, your daughter is a cutie!

Just a little suggestion for the future for you dads of daughters. Consider taking your daughter out every now and then once she is about 10 or so to dinner and both of you get dressed up. Then she'll know how future boyfriends should treat her, will know how to act on a date with a young man, and will also feel very special going out with dad.

Thank you Trillium, that is a really good idea!!! Thanks so much for the advice:)

Jaybird62
05-20-2008, 21:34
WOO to the HOO!!!
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/bday.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Thanks a lot Camo...Everything is still going great, and she has her first doctors appointment tomorrow. Mommy is doing really well also:banana

camojack
05-20-2008, 21:46
Thanks a lot Camo...Everything is still going great, and she has her first doctors appointment tomorrow. Mommy is doing really well also:banana
Excellent. Take care of that growing family...although I know that you will. :)

Jaybird62
05-23-2008, 18:46
Just an update. Gracie has had to go to the lab the past three mornings for bloodwork because her she had a bit of jaundice. The first day she was 15.5, second 15.9 and todays test came back lower at 15.0. Her pediatrician said that everything is going to be fine, and thank the Lord she does not have to get stuck again:bananaShe is such a blessing to me, and I am so thankful that she is healthy:sun:sun:sun

tazie
05-23-2008, 19:09
Congrats Jaybird-- she's an angel! Don't fret the jaundice, all 3 of mine had it, she just needs a little sun and her bili level will drop. Will keep her in thoughts and prayers.

All the best to you and your beautiful family-- God's blessings on Grace Anna. :sun

Bare Bear
05-24-2008, 08:55
Only a parent knows what love is. Congratulations.