PDA

View Full Version : Hot Springs Hammock Camping

Hooch
05-20-2008, 13:44
For those of you here who hammock, but aren't on Hammock Forums (http://www.hammockforums.net) (Shame on you!) or don't check out Ed Speer's site, there is a hang in Hot Springs (http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsJun08.htm) the weekend of 6 June, if anyone is interested. Hope to see some of y'all there. :D

gold bond
05-20-2008, 15:13
I am new to hammocking! My first experience was not a very good one but I could not blame it all on the hammock. 45-55 MPH winds and driving rain well just say a hammock could make a great bathtub! I do not think I had it staked out completly right and probably did not have it tight enough....that being said I have bought a hammock and hope to be practicing alot more here in the near future.

Tabasco
05-20-2008, 15:54
Hooch

Thanks again for the ENO dry fly. Your kindness and generosity are greatly appreciated.
I look forward to giving it a whirl soon.

Hooch
05-20-2008, 16:01
Hooch

Thanks again for the ENO dry fly. Your kindness and generosity are greatly appreciated.
I look forward to giving it a whirl soon.No sweat, man. I hope it works out well for you. If you have any questions, give me a yell or take a look at Hammock Forums. You may even want to give some consideration to attending the June hang in Hot Springs, if it fits your schedule. It's an easy 4 hour drive down there from Lexington. Plenty of folks and their gear to check out and learn from. :D

hammock engineer
05-21-2008, 00:12
I am new to hammocking! My first experience was not a very good one but I could not blame it all on the hammock. 45-55 MPH winds and driving rain well just say a hammock could make a great bathtub! I do not think I had it staked out completly right and probably did not have it tight enough....that being said I have bought a hammock and hope to be practicing alot more here in the near future.

That's a great first story. Everyone in hammocking has one. The trick is to comeback for more.

TattyBoBatty
05-23-2008, 09:08
I'm about to make my first story at Hot Springs, and then the follow up of it the 2 nights after in Jones Gap and Ceaser's Head!

gold bond
05-23-2008, 14:17
That's a great first story. Everyone in hammocking has one. The trick is to comeback for more.

That being said I have been practicing setting it up better and am going out this weekend for two days and get it right this time!;)