PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Attack Survivor!

Summit
05-20-2008, 17:38
This guy is very fortunate! Check out the video and the wounds he received!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24722545/

Panzer1
05-20-2008, 23:22
He's luck that playing dead worked. I hear it doesn't always work.

Panzer

4eyedbuzzard
05-21-2008, 00:29
Playing dead supposedly only works with grizzlies. If a black bear attacks you're supposed to fight. Can't say I relish the thought of having to do either. Who knows what they would really do in that situation. A bear attack is some scary s**t.

Summit
05-21-2008, 07:03
I've hiked several times in Grizzly country: Canada (Banff / Jasper) and Alaska. It's a weird, eerie feeling knowing you are part of the "food chain" and not at the top of it! :eek: I went to sleep one night in Jasper NP having watched a grizzly across the stream from my campsite until darkness blocked him out. I just prayed "God, I'm in your hands. May your will be done," and went to sleep at peace!

the goat
05-21-2008, 11:38
Who knows what they would really do in that situation.

i do, i ran like hell.

partinj
05-21-2008, 12:00
You can out run a bear it can move at 30 miles an hour out any person i know of the best thing to do is make sure your food bag is hang right or in a bear box. and make sure your camp site is clean and no food around to make the bear would to come in on you. read up on a bears

the goat
05-21-2008, 12:05
You can out run a bear it can move at 30 miles an hour out any person i know of the best thing to do is make sure your food bag is hang right or in a bear box. and make sure your camp site is clean and no food around to make the bear would to come in on you. read up on a bears

also, make sure your dog doesn't chase them, otherwise you're the one who'll end up on the run!

for the record, the only reason i got away is that the sow gave up the chase. i had a hell of a head start, and when she stopped chasing, she was waaaaaay too close for comfort!

partinj
05-21-2008, 12:17
That was good luck you got a head start on the bear any pictures
:eek:

Summit
05-21-2008, 22:25
If hiking with a partner, quickly remove your hiking boots and put on running shoes before he/she can. You don't have to outrun the bear, just your partner! :D :eek:

Panzer1
05-22-2008, 00:11
Playing dead supposedly only works with grizzlies. If a black bear attacks you're supposed to fight....

It not so much that playing dead only works with grizzlies, it that fighting grizzles never works.:p:p

Panzer

oldfivetango
05-22-2008, 08:03
I guess the guy never heard that grizzlies and black
bears are nothing to worry about.But if he did,I cant
help but wonder what he thinks now:D
OFT