PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Thru-hikers

snowman96
02-10-2004, 12:45
Anyone know the best way to get in touch with any Thru-hikers from 1996? Im lookin for some buds.

Kozmic Zian
02-10-2004, 12:59
Snowman -I was there in '96. Finished in the last group. Oct. 25th. Saw your entries in the registers all the way. Never met you 'till now. Nice to talk with you. Yea, I was with the "Ice-House'ers" , Brothers, Sr. Wiggly, Snuggums & Uber Dave (Twins), Camel, Pyro, No Sweat, Lois & CLark, Snail-No-More, Sonny, HollyHobbie, too many to name. Miss them all....Still in touch with a few. How bout you....?

snowman96
02-10-2004, 13:41
Great! I finished Oct 5th. I dont guess I would have met you. I just got on this forum. I wondered if any old hikers ever checked these sites. I have not stayed in touch with many I hiked with. I hiked with the riders on the storm and troll and ramblin, bosox, skylark, puff...wow so many I cant remember. I would like to go to Trail Days this year for fun.

Kozmic Zian
02-10-2004, 14:30
Yea, its great to see some of the names....I saw them all being in the last group. You should go to trail days...such a blast! Well worth the trip, see and meet lots o' folks and hikers. I think it's great to have this forum (whiteblaze). Welcome, and enjoy. Jump around and see which forum you like...post and see what you like....lots o fun, man. See yas around the site....Fellow '96er...Kozmic Zian.

Jack Tarlin
02-10-2004, 15:26
Snowman---

ALDHA (www.aldha.org) has a pretty extensive registry of former thru-hikers, and it's done year by year; you should be able to find some 96ers there. Also, while the ATC in Harper's Ferry will NOT give out personal information about former thru-hikers or ATC members, you can examine their photo albums which contain many hiker addresses; unfortunately, most folks have probably moved at least once since then. Then again, a lot of thru-hikers listed their "permanent", i.e. family addresses on their photos, so who knows....the next time you're in Harper's you can probably find the info on a lot of your friends from 96.

Lastly, if you're looking for specific names, I'd throw them out here, on the forums at Trailjournals.com, and anywhere else you can think of; you may well find someone who knows where your friends are and what they're up to.

VSA
03-08-2004, 20:47
My buddy Grimm hiked in 96, i don't know if you know him, but i know how to get in touch with him. Let me know
VSA