PDA

View Full Version : Earl Shaffer's 60th Anniversary

IronmastersMansion
05-21-2008, 16:42
This year marks 60 years since Earl Shaffer thru hiked the AT. The Foundation is considering having a celebration at the Ironmaster's Mansion Hostel and Pine Grove Furnace State Park. Ray spoke with John Shaffer today who is wondering if there would be any interest in having such an event? Let us hear from you. Thank you !!!
:-?

camojack
05-21-2008, 18:29
This year marks 60 years since Earl Shaffer thru hiked the AT. The Foundation is considering having a celebration at the Ironmaster's Mansion Hostel and Pine Grove Furnace State Park. Ray spoke with John Shaffer today who is wondering if there would be any interest in having such an event? Let us hear from you. Thank you !!!
Any idea as to when you'd be holding said celebration?

IronmastersMansion
05-21-2008, 18:59
If it we can get enough support it would be the first weekend in Aug.

weary
05-21-2008, 21:17
I'll go, along with spouse and various kin, barring major conflicts.

Weary

Jack Tarlin
05-22-2008, 10:39
I think it's a great idea. Please keep us informed.

StarLyte
05-22-2008, 10:44
Spectacular !!!

Can't wait - and thank you. How thoughtful ! :sun

I was going to put Earl's pith helmet into storage but I think I'll save it to wear to this event. :banana

Let us know asap.

IronmastersMansion
05-22-2008, 11:10
It was John Shaffer's idea but he wasn't sure if he should just forget it or what. No one was really showng interest. Ray told him we would post a thread to see if others would be interested in coming.

StarLyte
05-22-2008, 11:22
It was John Shaffer's idea but he wasn't sure if he should just forget it or what. No one was really showng interest. Ray told him we would post a thread to see if others would be interested in coming.

That is correct.

As a member of the Earl Shaffer Foundation, I rec'd this announcement a while back and did not even respond myself. I was waiting to see what others were thinking, not knowing exactly the details.

There was not a good response when this circulated via email.

It needed to be circulated within the A.T. Community to see what stimulation was created, so to speak.

With that said, my family and I would be honored to attend.