PDA

View Full Version : No Baby yet!

Miss Janet
05-21-2008, 22:55
We are walking, massaging, herbing and well, other stuff and still no labor yet. The DR's would love to juice Kaitlin up with horse pitosin and deliver a baby on thier lunch hour... but we are waiting a bit longer. Mother Nature doesn't use the same calendar that most OBGYN use these days but to hear them tell it, GOD has given them permission to take the place of natural process. Kaitlin is still doing well and feeling very good and the most important thing is that the baby looks great.

Think about us the next few days. A group mantra of "Out, Out, Out!" couldn't possibly hurt!

Odd Thomas
05-21-2008, 23:00
He's just taking a few 0days before the big hike :p

Johnny Swank
05-21-2008, 23:01
Good god I'm too much of a wuss to birth a baby!

girlnextdoor
05-21-2008, 23:03
how bout a mantra of 'epidural epidural epidural!'

thinking of you!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-21-2008, 23:03
::: Dino wraps tail tightly around Kaitlin and pushes :::

envirodiver
05-21-2008, 23:05
Lord I don't know nothin bout birthin no babies.

Always heard that babies have their own schedule and will make an exit/entry when they are good and ready.

Worth the wait.

Gaiter
05-21-2008, 23:40
I can understand waiting for trail days to be over, but waiting for after days is a little excessive. lol

Phoenix Rising
05-21-2008, 23:43
lightly massage K's ankles! Reflexology on the ankles is said to start labor... you never know if it will work, but it's worth a try!

Pokey2006
05-22-2008, 01:39
Sex can also trigger labor. Seriously, I'm not being cute or anything. Doctors do recommend it as a remedy.

I've also heard that eating oregano works...

I feel her pain. I was overdue myself, and I remember every minute past the due date as being just the most heinous days of my life. "Out, out, out" is an understatement! Good luck.

Hooch
05-22-2008, 05:16
Anytime I hear of natural childbirth, I can't help but think of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFMVeZyhagI) and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w-AG_yF1Uw). :D Still funny after all these years.

Bare Bear
05-22-2008, 05:39
Ms. Janet you know you are way too young to be a grandma!

peanuts
05-22-2008, 09:10
done!!! and i am glad you are sticking to your guns on these!
out out out out out out out out out out out!!!
have she tried balsamic vinegar????

Time To Fly 97
05-22-2008, 09:15
The best things in life are worth waiting for...
You can't rush perfection...

Good luck and congratulations!

TTF

Alligator
05-22-2008, 09:23
Good luck. On the flip side a big baby can make delivery more challenging and even require an emergency C-section, a situation endured by a good friend of mine. Best wishes for a speedy delivery!

Jack Tarlin
05-22-2008, 09:40
You're "herbing"?

Geesh, whatever works, I guess. :D

Anyway, very best to one and all in Erwin, keep us informed.

Grandma
05-22-2008, 09:42
We have a place in Atlanta that claims their eggplant parmesan helps induce labor. Maybe we can send up an order?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-22-2008, 09:43
Good luck. On the flip side a big baby can make delivery more challenging and even require an emergency C-section, a situation endured by a good friend of mine. Best wishes for a speedy delivery!Post-mature infants actually lose weight in-utero -- mother nature's way of helping mother's before OB/GYNs were the norm.

Jack Tarlin
05-22-2008, 09:45
Eggplant parmesan helps induce labor?

Geesh, THAT's a new one.....

Maybe I should drop-ship a lasagna or something

The things one learns if you live long enough.

Alligator
05-22-2008, 09:56
Post-mature infants actually lose weight in-utero -- mother nature's way of helping mother's before OB/GYNs were the norm.I'll pass that on to my friend and my mom who had the 9+ lb late babies, neither were induced.

Grandma
05-22-2008, 10:00
[quote=Jack Tarlin;628628]Eggplant parmesan helps induce labor?

Geesh, THAT's a new one.....quote]

They have a whole board of baby pictures that were born within 48 hrs of eating the eggplant parmesan. My wife tried it, but it didn't work for us. Here's their claim.

http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

bloodmountainman
05-22-2008, 10:02
Two words....... Italian Food.

jlb2012
05-22-2008, 10:31
riding around on dirt roads

Red Hat
05-22-2008, 12:21
Back in May 1980 I was 10 months along, little bugger was determined to do things on his own terms (still is!) Anyway, we went out for Chinese food and I went into labor in the restaurant. Shortly thereafter, I delivered a 10 lb baby boy. He was beautiful! Tell Kaitlyn that it will be worth the wait even though it seems difficult now.

Dances with Mice
05-22-2008, 15:03
... we went out for Chinese food and I went into labor in the restaurant. Shortly thereafter, I delivered a 10 lb baby boy. ...What did your fortune cookie say?

hopefulhiker
05-22-2008, 15:07
They say when a baby is late then it is going to be a boy...

Marta
05-22-2008, 15:07
[quote=Jack Tarlin;628628]Eggplant parmesan helps induce labor?

Geesh, THAT's a new one.....quote]

They have a whole board of baby pictures that were born within 48 hrs of eating the eggplant parmesan. My wife tried it, but it didn't work for us. Here's their claim.

http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

My husband was born prematurely during his mother's bout of food poisoning.

Not recommended.

Our youngest was almost three weeks late. I tried umpteen truck rides on rough gravel roads, castor oil, you name it. He arrived when he was ready.

leeki pole
05-22-2008, 15:18
Spaghetti with parmesan cheese worked for us...twice.

Foyt20
05-22-2008, 15:27
I just googled it, but did not find anything, but i wonder if there is a link between the labor being "naturally" induced and the lycopene in the tomato sauce. May be something all of those medical researchers want to look into, as an alternative to doing it with chemicals.

Pokey2006
05-22-2008, 15:27
It's the oregano...

The Cheat
05-22-2008, 16:14
Spaghetti with parmesan cheese worked for us...twice.

The garlic gets in the mother's bloodstream, which gets in the baby's bloodstream.

Baby goes, "WHAT was that? This I have to see!"

Pennsylvania Rose
05-22-2008, 16:20
The midwife for my middle child recommended castor oil. An hour later I was in labor. Worked for my third baby, too. According to the midwife, you have to be really close (like 24 hrs away) from going into labor anyway for it to work.

Roots
05-22-2008, 16:41
I think Kaitlin is doing the right thing by NOT falling to the doc's scheduling of deliveries. I was induced with my daughter. It was very hard. They say your labor is harder when you are induced. I wish that I had let nature take its course. Good luck and keep up the natural way. :sun

Red Hat
05-22-2008, 19:01
What did your fortune cookie say?

due to the circumstances, I never got one. If I had, it would say that he would argue anything and was destined to become a lawyer (Army JAG)

bigcranky
05-22-2008, 19:46
Out Out Out.

Good luck.

Jaybird62
05-22-2008, 20:20
Good Luck!!!! I hope Kaitlin has a speedy delivery when the time comes....I applaud you on your decision to let nature take it's course......She should stay on her feet as much as she can

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-22-2008, 20:23
Speaking of new babies, how is the new Jaybird doing?

Jim Adams
05-22-2008, 21:18
Katie,
Wash windows...trust the paramedic!!!!!!

geek

Jaybird62
05-22-2008, 21:26
Speaking of new babies, how is the new Jaybird doing?

Doing well.....We have had to go to the lab for bloodwork the last 2 days and she has to go again tomorrow.....Her jaundice level is borderline, and they are keeping an eye on it....I'll post in the Grace thread when I find out more....but for now, she is home and doing fine:bananaThanks for asking FD....Sorry for the thread jack Miss Janet, I am praying for you guys!!

Farr Away
05-22-2008, 21:57
My first two babies were each a couple of weeks late. They both turned out fine. A due date is just an educated guess anyway. :)

Best of luck to all. I recommend lots of walking and fresh fruit for snacks (keeps energy levels up).

Bulldawg
05-23-2008, 08:14
Our daughter came a little late, like 10 days I think. My wife HAD to be induced. The wife's blood pressure was through the roof and her feet looked like a Navy carrier. Really, her feet, ankles, and legs were severely swelled, they were huge. So I agreed to the inducement. 28 hour labor, not all HARD PUSHING labor, but 28 hours nonetheless. The last 7 or 8 hours was rough though. A little past hour 26 the doctor determined our daughter was turned sideways and he was trying to use those forceps to turn her. I looked at him and said "Put those up and cut her already, both of them have had enough." He says "But I'm the doctor and we will do this my way." That is when I replied "But I am the daddy and I said enough is enough, now put those away and get my wife ready for a C-Section before I whip your a$$." I will never forget it as long as I live, the look on his face I mean.

Good luck Miss Janet. I'd let the baby hang out so long as the baby and your daughter are both in good health.