PDA

View Full Version : Oldest Son Graduating from College

hopefulhiker
05-22-2008, 15:13
Well my oldest son Ed graduates from NCSA,(NC School of the Arts) this month. Later this summer he will be off to NY city to seek his fame and fortune as a stage manager for an off broadway Company.

Only one more kid in school to go and then maybe I can get back on the trail for another thru hike!

Marta
05-22-2008, 15:15
Congratulations!

A friend of mine once remarked that when her oldest child graduated from college and got a job (i.e., was off the family dole) it was more exciting than the birth.

Oh, yeah!

Foyt20
05-22-2008, 15:18
congrats, my parents were going to have one of my sisters graduate this june, but she took a semester off and is now going to finish up next semester online, for Penn State.

Congrats again for your sons accomplishments!!!

Bear Cables
05-22-2008, 16:42
Congrats! Our younger son graduated from LSU on Friday. Our older son will graduate in Dec. from Southeastern LA Univ. They are both backpackers.

weary
05-22-2008, 17:13
Well my oldest son Ed graduates from NCSA,(NC School of the Arts) this month. Later this summer he will be off to NY city to seek his fame and fortune as a stage manager for an off broadway Company.

Only one more kid in school to go and then maybe I can get back on the trail for another thru hike!
I'm working on the grandkids these days. The first graduated from Worcester Polytechnic last weekend. The second graduates next year from Simmons. A third is home for the summer after a freshman year at Penn State.

We've cosigned some very worrisome student loans. I hope they all get jobs quickly. Besides, there are three more in the pipeline.

Weary

Skidsteer
05-22-2008, 17:21
Congratulations Hopeful. I'm sending my youngest off this fall to college.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-22-2008, 18:06
Congrat to you, Hopeful.

We are working on both children and grandchildren. The youngest of our hatchling will graduate next year and we have four grandchildren currently in college - one already out and another entering next year. We attend her high school graduation tomorrow night.

Cookerhiker
05-22-2008, 19:06
I planned things well here; my youngest daughter graduated from college in May 2003, 10 days after I retired. The last tuition bill was already paid.

sheepdog
05-22-2008, 19:09
Congratulations. My most expensive clothing has college names on it. Ouch!!

Blissful
05-22-2008, 21:50
Congratulations!

superman
05-22-2008, 22:01
Congratulations. Yes, the found money is nice after their off and running. Then I missed the chaos of making it happen. The good news is that both of mine still show me the courtesy of asking my opinion and communicate almost daily. Life is good with all its vicissitudes.

Lellers
05-23-2008, 08:21
My youngest is attending Temple University this fall, just like mom and dad did! We're very pleased. BUT in the fine tradition of that great university, he'll be commuting daily. I'm not too eager for him to move out, because he has better hiking gear than I do, and I'd hate to see it go before I got to wear it out.