PDA

View Full Version : 3 dat weekend, where

jesse
05-23-2008, 09:20
are all the weekend warriors headed.

I am going to do a chunk of the Benton MacKaye Trail here in GA. Can't wait.

Two Speed
05-23-2008, 09:22
Standing Indian loop w/Skids & DoughNut

DesertMTB
05-23-2008, 09:42
I-40 to Hot Springs. Only 3 hours more of work and I leave!:D

Marta
05-23-2008, 09:56
GSMNP with husband. Weather forecast looks good.

ki0eh
05-23-2008, 10:20
Mowing, possibly aqua blazing, the GET in far northern PA. I was going to do that last weekend and do a section of Finger Lakes Trail near Ithaca but the FLT trip leader burned up his knee so cancelled, and the mowing got rained out last weekend.

steve43
05-23-2008, 11:32
17 mile shake down hike with a full pack in preparation for an upcoming section hike. fifo

Blissful
05-23-2008, 11:33
Jones Mtn circuit hike in SNP this afternoon with my hubby.

Egads
05-23-2008, 11:34
overnight training hike in GSMNP

IceAge
05-23-2008, 11:34
A couple of days on the Ice Age National Scenic Trail, with my wife on her first backpacking trip in about 20 years, so it should be interesting!

max patch
05-23-2008, 11:35
Stuck on the beach sipping on those funny drinks with umbrellas in them.

Cuffs
05-23-2008, 11:47
2 niter at Flagg Mtn in AL

Mags
05-23-2008, 12:18
The Ring The Peak trail.

It is a circuit hike around Pikes Peak. Not quite complete. Three of us did it last year. We plan on taking a different route this year to get up higher.

Info:
http://www.fotp.com/ringthepeak/index.html
http://archive.boulderweekly.com/062807/elevation.html

sofaking
05-23-2008, 13:28
i'm heading out for an undetermined amount of time to an undeclared destination, haven't decided which direction i'm going to hike yet either...rockfish gap/south, or harper's ferry/ north...or maybe dwg/north...i'd flip a coin, but i can't find a three sided one.

Wags
05-23-2008, 14:35
https://home.comcast.net/~davejanelle/coin3.htm

there ya go sofa

i'll be blazing a path b/t my couch and the bbq grill this weekend. pens/red wings saturday is gonna be nice

sofaking
05-23-2008, 14:42
https://home.comcast.net/~davejanelle/coin3.htm

there ya go sofa

i'll be blazing a path b/t my couch and the bbq grill this weekend. pens/red wings saturday is gonna be nice
thanks. but i decided to consult the magic eight ball, like i do for all of my important life decisions, and it's going to be harper's ferry/ north...funny thing, i never saw the 'harper's ferry/north' answer before...question, 'oh, magic eight ball, should i file a 10-99 this year?' answer, 'harper's ferry north' - i would have remembered something like that...'oh magic eight ball, should i have another beer?'...'harper's ferry/north'...

Two Speed
05-23-2008, 15:35
Well, the forecast couldn't be much better for Franklin, NC, particularly considering it'll be a little cooler on the trail:

May 23 Tonight
Partly cloudy skies. A stray thunderstorm is possible through the evening. Low 58F. Winds light and variable.

May 24 Saturday
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 81F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
May 24 Saturday night
Mostly clear. Low near 50F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
May 25 Sunday
More sun than clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 50s.
May 26 Monday
Plenty of sun. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 50s.

:banana :sun :clap Happy Trails everyone! :clap :sun:banana

Summit
05-23-2008, 15:39
i'm heading out for an undetermined amount of time to an undeclared destination . . .With a plan like that, you'll wind up just "holing up" in a Days Inn, watching old TV show reruns, and getting snockered all weekend! :D :p

I'm layin' low this weekend of crowds on the trail and doing a 3-day hike next weekend in Shining Rock Wilderness! Can't wait as well! :)

Summit
05-23-2008, 15:45
Well, the forecast couldn't be much better for Franklin, NC, particularly considering it'll be a little cooler on the trail:
snip
Are you guys going up Long Branch trail to Glassmine Gap? There is an excellent open field campsite near the AT (< 2mi. from trailhead). Great for a bright moon night like you should have tonight, although it doesn't come up until late. Great setting for a good game of midnight glow-in-the-dark frisbee! Have a great hike (Standing Indian Loop). I've done it many times . . . some great section of trail. ;)

sofaking
05-23-2008, 15:50
With a plan like that, you'll wind up just "holing up" in a Days Inn, watching old TV show reruns, and getting snockered all weekend! :D :p

I'm layin' low this weekend of crowds on the trail and doing a 3-day hike next weekend in Shining Rock Wilderness! Can't wait as well! :)
the magic eight ball said 'no way, jose'...and that thing gives pretty accurate advice, but sometimes you gotta shake the hell out of it and ask the question again and again. it also said 'enjoy your hike next weekend.' this thing is good, i must have gotten one of the good ones.yep.

Egads
05-23-2008, 17:03
Sofaking,

Are you So Faking? or Sofa King?

Egads

sofaking
05-23-2008, 17:41
Sofaking,

Are you So Faking? or Sofa King?

Egads
sofa king, from my tedious recovery from back surgeries...and it's sofaking, so it's like cussing, but it snot...get it?

tazie
05-23-2008, 18:02
Romie and I (and whatever victim we can cajole to go with us) will be out section hiking the AT in Maryland...may go north of the MDPenn line for variety and rocks...I actually like climbing and hiking on rocks.

mkmangold
05-25-2008, 11:42
A couple of days on the Ice Age National Scenic Trail, with my wife on her first backpacking trip in about 20 years, so it should be interesting!

Your wife done good, Ice Age! I hope the hike back was awesome and free of horse apples.