PDA

View Full Version : Merrell Chameleon II Stretch Cross-Training Shoes

Summit
05-24-2008, 08:46
Just got a pair of these and they are extremely comfortable. Does anyone have a lot of trail miles experience with them?
Secure LycraŽ spandex/neoprene four-way stretch collars seal around ankles to keep out debrisThis is a nice feature that appears will actually work!

http://www.rei.com/product/766644

beas
05-24-2008, 09:01
I have bettter than 100 miles on mine. I put some shoe gu on the toes to stop the front from peeling down. I also would replace the insole with superfeet when I have the chance. Other than that they are great.
BEAS

MagicSFK
05-24-2008, 09:08
I recently picked up a pair on sale and plan to use them for hiking the watery trails of South FL, where you can walk through water up to your knees for miles!

Summit
05-28-2008, 06:54
These are easily the most comfortable Vibram soled shoes I've ever worn. Now to see how they do trail-wise this weekend - doing about 20 miles in Shining Rock Wilderness!

Summit
06-01-2008, 19:13
Well, I'm back and these shoes failed miserably as a backpacking shoe. I will wear them out walking every night in the 'hood.

Should have known better, but duh! Everything about the shoe stretches, the fabric, the laces. So what does that equate to going downhill? Toes jam into the front of the shoe. I'm going to lose a big toenail from my 3-day Shining Rock Wilderness hike. Wasn't extremely painful, but I'm used to my feet not bothering me at all, so it was a detractor.

Learned something else. Not all Vibram soles are alike. These Merrell Chameleon II Stretch Cross-Training Shoes Vibram soles are not cleated like most. Therefore the traction was terrible.

These shoes might be great for walking/running, but not for backpacking . . . not at all!

mudhead
06-01-2008, 19:43
Thanks for the heads up!