PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

attroll
02-12-2004, 12:40
I added some avatars for users to use. I have created six avatars. They are pretty much all the same right now.

Hiker
Section Hiker
Weekend Warrior
Thru hiker in planning
Thru hiker GA>ME
Thru hiker ME>GA

I want to keep the avatars on this site hiker specific. I was more or less thinking of keeping them to discribe what type of hiker you are. I may need to add a couple more titles.

If any of you have some avatars or titles you think should be added then let me know. The avatars shoule be 100 x 100 pixels or less.

You can add or look at the avatars in you USERCP.

snowshoe
02-12-2004, 13:37
What about one for maintainers just another thought

attroll
02-12-2004, 14:30
What about one for maintainers just another thoughtI just added one for maintainers.

lalee
02-19-2004, 13:44
i had begun a reply to this earlier, saw that one had been added for maintainer, so i crisped my response, went to look and it was for trail maintainer, lol! what i was wanting to suggest an avatar for is those of us who stay behind to supply the hikers in our lives. i know i'm not the only one! my hubby is leaving 3-14 from springer and i'll be here sending boxes, paying bills, typing journals, handling photos, etc.

lalee

attroll
02-19-2004, 19:02
i had begun a reply to this earlier, saw that one had been added for maintainer, so i crisped my response, went to look and it was for trail maintainer, lol! what i was wanting to suggest an avatar for is those of us who stay behind to supply the hikers in our lives. i know i'm not the only one! my hubby is leaving 3-14 from springer and i'll be here sending boxes, paying bills, typing journals, handling photos, etc.

lalee
Would "Hiker Support" be OK, there is another name for it but I can not think of it right now. Maybe someone can help me out here.

loonyhiker
02-20-2004, 00:19
How about one for trail angel?

Papa Bear
02-20-2004, 10:59
Any possibility you might open it up and let us upload our own avatar?

Another site I use which runs the same software, allows images up to 150x150 pixels and an overall file size (forget what it is) as well.

Thanks
Pb

attroll
02-20-2004, 11:12
Any possibility you might open it up and let us upload our own avatar?

Another site I use which runs the same software, allows images up to 150x150 pixels and an overall file size (forget what it is) as well.

Thanks
Pb
I have been giving that some thought. I am concerned that some users may want to post strange an wild avatars. I was hoping to keep them hiker specific.

I am concerned that to many different types of avatars will turn some of the users away. I have read in other post on WhiteBlaze in the past that users like the plain and simple aspects of posting. Do you think it would be a good idea to do this? Maybe someone should create a vote question on this. If no one does maybe I will later tonight or tomorrow.

attroll
02-22-2004, 23:57

How about one for trail angel?
I just added three more avatars.
Thru-hiker Support
Thru-hiker in planning
Trail Angel

lalee
02-24-2004, 08:56
Would "Hiker Support" be OK, there is another name for it but I can not think of it right now. Maybe someone can help me out here.

yes, that would be just fine, troll :)

sloetoe
02-24-2004, 16:51
Sloetoe
GA->ME'79
hiker
section hiker
dad hiker
throughhiker-in-planning
occasional maintainer
all-around nice guy
not a Presidential candidate

weary
02-24-2004, 19:15
I added some avatars for users to use. I have created six avatars. They are pretty much all the same right now.

Hiker
Section Hiker
Weekend Warrior
Thru hiker in planning
Thru hiker GA>ME
Thru hiker ME>GA

I want to keep the avatars on this site hiker specific. I was more or less thinking of keeping them to discribe what type of hiker you are. I may need to add a couple more titles.

If any of you have some avatars or titles you think should be added then let me know. The avatars shoule be 100 x 100 pixels or less.

You can add or look at the avatars in you USERCP.

What's an avatar? Well I know it has something to do with Hindu deities. But what in the context of this list?

Weary

attroll
02-25-2004, 00:50
What's an avatar? Well I know it has something to do with Hindu deities. But what in the context of this list?

Weary
An avatar is a small graphic that is put next to your user name when you post. If you look at my post you will see a hiker.

someday
02-25-2004, 09:07
Where do the avatars come from? It seems like the hiker has the wrong leg raised. Did a non-hiker draw this?

azchipka
02-25-2004, 09:37
I have been giving that some thought. I am concerned that some users may want to post strange an wild avatars. I was hoping to keep them hiker specific.

I am concerned that to many different types of avatars will turn some of the users away. I have read in other post on WhiteBlaze in the past that users like the plain and simple aspects of posting. Do you think it would be a good idea to do this? Maybe someone should create a vote question on this. If no one does maybe I will later tonight or tomorrow.

I personally would really like being able to add our own avatars if we choice, perhaps the software your using will allow for approval of uploaded avatars i know some of the php boards i have setup allow for it.

Blue Jay
02-25-2004, 09:56
I personally would really like being able to add our own avatars if we choice, perhaps the software your using will allow for approval of uploaded avatars i know some of the php boards i have setup allow for it.

Yes, I also want one for Wilderness Ranger.