PDA

View Full Version : MSR/Sigg Adapters?

DCHiker
05-27-2008, 12:38
I own a Mini waterworks and am trying to find an adapter so the wide mouth fitting will work with my sigg bottle. Anyone know of anything? Thanks

Jeremy
05-27-2008, 22:03
Just hold your miniworks over your sigg bottle or do whatever you can to make it work. I understand, I own a miniworks, and I use sigg bottles, even though it's not perfect, it works. I am not aware of any adapter yet, but honestly you don't need one, it would just add weight, cost and complication to your pack.:D

DCHiker
05-27-2008, 22:29
Thanks... you just described my weekend routine while in West Virginia last weekend. You're right, it did work... just a pain in the ass. :) I ended up cutting a piece of hose attaching to the miniworks to lead into the sigg. It was worth the couple inches of hose.

MOWGLI
05-27-2008, 22:31
Off topic, but do you both like carrying Sigg bottles while packin'?

DCHiker
05-28-2008, 08:50
I do... I have an old pack which I can adapt to use a hydration bladder, but I've always had issues with them leaking. Siggs are light and very sturdy. I'm so used to using them, at this point it would be weird not to reach for them. Sure, they cost more (the one down side), but other than that I give them a thumbs up

MOWGLI
05-28-2008, 08:58
I do... I have an old pack which I can adapt to use a hydration bladder, but I've always had issues with them leaking. Siggs are light and very sturdy. I'm so used to using them, at this point it would be weird not to reach for them. Sure, they cost more (the one down side), but other than that I give them a thumbs up

What size bottle do you carry?

DCHiker
05-28-2008, 14:51
I carry two 1L bottles