PDA

View Full Version : North Face Ultra 104 Trail Runners

Wake
05-27-2008, 21:26
I searched the forum for anything related to these kicks but came up with nothing, so I'll throw this out there:

I own a pair of North Face Ultra 104 GTX XCR trail runners and have put a couple hundred AT miles on them in the last month or so. After putting them through pretty much every type of weather/terrain, they still feel phenomenal and are going strong (as one would hope after only a couple hundred miles). In the past I've always done distance hiking in boots, but I'm seriously considering switching to trail runners for my trek down the AT in '09. I guess the main thing I'm trying to figure out is how many pairs I'll go through during the 2000+ miles. Does anyone have any ideas/opinions/suggestions? Lay them on me.

Wags
05-28-2008, 01:03
i have the 103's from like 2 years ago and they're still going strong. glad to hear a positive review about newer TNF gear. i've heard so much bad

sleeman13
01-05-2009, 23:04
i just purchases a pair of them for my '09 thru-hike. hopefully there do me good.
it's good to hear than you have enjoyed them.
as for pairs you would need, i would guess either 2 or 3.

warraghiyagey
01-05-2009, 23:15
I used the Northface in '07 and I was surprised how good they are. But in '08 I didn't want gore-tex and NF didn't offer Vibram soles unless you got the goretex. So I switched to Merrill. If I could find NF vibram without gore-tex I would definitely use them. They held up through the tough northeast AT miles and I still wear them.