PDA

View Full Version : More bounty from Trail Days - Lion King Videos

Frosty
05-28-2008, 17:06
Besides the awesome AWOL ON THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL, I also picked up a copy of the APPALACHIAN PAGES, which I've found to be very well laid out. (Actually, I found it to be well laid out because Troll helpfully pointed out that I initially was going to buy the Southbound Edition in error, and put the NOBO edition into my fumbling hands.)

But I just finished watching WALKING WITH FREEDOM and WALKING WEST WITH FREEDOM. I'm a sucker for hiking videos, but these two were terrific. WALKING WEST was quite exciting towards the end, as Lion King put himself in a bit of a tough spot. I'll let you see it without giving it away, but my wife kept saying, "Is this guy nuts?" until I pointed out that since he has just sold me the videos, he obviously made it out fine. If you haven't seen it, buy it. Well worth the price.

Another example of a talented and creative member of Whiteblaze.

MOWGLI
05-28-2008, 17:14
. I'm a sucker for hiking videos, but these two were terrific.

The best hiking video I have ever seen is Alone Across Alaska: 1000 Miles of Wilderness. It was filmed by Whiteblaze's very own Colter - aka Buck Nelson.

Check it out here;

http://www.bucktrack.com/Alaska_Brooks_Range_Traverse.html

RedneckRye
05-28-2008, 17:24
Check out Lion King's clips from the American Discovery Trail which are available thru his site www.walkingwithfreedom.com
Anyone who does that much road walking is clearly crazy, but still a good guy.

If anyone needs a copy of either of his movies, shoot me a PM. I have been taking care of some of his mail drops and DVD distribution. I'll get a copy sent out to you and all $$ will go to Lion King to keep his ADT hike going.
He put together a 30 minute clip of his ADT hike for a presentation at the shop where I work, I'll burn a copy of that and send it along as well.

Mrs Baggins
05-28-2008, 19:08
Besides the awesome AWOL ON THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL, I also picked up a copy of the APPALACHIAN PAGES, which I've found to be very well laid out. (Actually, I found it to be well laid out because Troll helpfully pointed out that I initially was going to buy the Southbound Edition in error, and put the NOBO edition into my fumbling hands.)

But I just finished watching WALKING WITH FREEDOM and WALKING WEST WITH FREEDOM. I'm a sucker for hiking videos, but these two were terrific. WALKING WEST was quite exciting towards the end, as Lion King put himself in a bit of a tough spot. I'll let you see it without giving it away, but my wife kept saying, "Is this guy nuts?" until I pointed out that since he has just sold me the videos, he obviously made it out fine. If you haven't seen it, buy it. Well worth the price.

Another example of a talented and creative member of Whiteblaze.

Soooooo............has Lion King completed the ADT???? I'll buy it if it's the entire trail. LOVED "Walking With Freedom" on the AT.

A-Train
05-28-2008, 19:31
Soooooo............has Lion King completed the ADT???? I'll buy it if it's the entire trail. LOVED "Walking With Freedom" on the AT.

I think he's gearing up to start walking from Colorado to California soon for the upper portion.

Frosty
05-28-2008, 19:35
Soooooo............has Lion King completed the ADT???? I'll buy it if it's the entire trail. LOVED "Walking With Freedom" on the AT.It was the PCT.

RedneckRye
05-28-2008, 19:38
He has done all of it from the Atlantic Ocean to Denver via the northern route of the center loop and then back to the Ohio / Indiana via the southern route. He took the train back to Denver after Trail Days to finish the rest of the trail to the Pacific Ocean.
The half hour clip that I have is sort of a best of of his clips that are on youtube of his ADT hike so far. There is some stuff on the clip that isn't on thre youtube stuff. He should be finished sometime around August then his plan is to spend the winter editing the movie and working on a book.

RedneckRye
05-28-2008, 19:39
Walking WEST with Freedon is of his 2006 PCT hike.

Lion King
06-10-2008, 15:28
thanks for all the kind words Ya'll!

In Colorado, but heading to LA today for some stupid reason...