PDA

View Full Version : cell coverage in NC Franklin to Fontana

barrin
05-29-2008, 09:33
Does anyone know about cell service from Franklin to Fontana. A friend and myself are wanting to hike together but our boss at work says only if we can be reached by phone??!!

kyerger
05-29-2008, 09:39
I hiked that section last summer. I have version and got good coverage on the mt. tops. i called home every day. In the valleys there was no coverage.

Mrs Baggins
05-29-2008, 09:47
I hiked that section last summer. I have version and got good coverage on the mt. tops. i called home every day. In the valleys there was no coverage.

Friend and I hiked there and coverage was pretty good. Verizon was a little better than other services - but overall we both had coverage most of the time.

ofthearth
05-29-2008, 09:48
Same here. There is NO NO cell coverage in the villiage though.

Mrs Baggins
05-29-2008, 10:24
Same here. There is NO NO cell coverage in the villiage though.

There's coverage at least as far as Stecoah Gap. You'll see alot of cars and trucks pulling over there because it's the only place along that line with coverage.

l0ngterm
05-29-2008, 13:51
I just did that section in April. I have Sprint and had almost no coverage except at Winding Stair Gap. Others with Verizon had decent coverage on most peaks.

l0ngterm

shoe
05-29-2008, 15:12
Just say there is phone coverage and don't worry about it. What's the boss gonna do come and get you? When you get back just say people told you there was cell service. or your battery died or whatever :)

Roots
05-29-2008, 17:27
Just say there is phone coverage and don't worry about it. What's the boss gonna do come and get you? When you get back just say people told you there was cell service. or your battery died or whatever :)
I like your answer! :D

Verizon will pick up until right before Cody Gap--between Stecoah and Fontana. I did have some spots worse than others from Springer up. Once I hit Franklin it was good.