PDA

View Full Version : Chicken crash on A.T. bridge at Duncannon

ki0eh
05-29-2008, 11:01
Wonder how many thru's got up early enough in the morning to walk through this:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2008/05/us_routes_22322_shut_down_by_c.html

flemdawg1
05-29-2008, 11:03
Can you fry chicken on an alcohol stove?

rafe
05-29-2008, 11:06
"And there's hamburger all over the highway in Mystic Connecticut...."

Sleepy the Arab
05-29-2008, 16:00
It's never a truckload of Ben & Jerry's that crashes on the AT, is it?

mudhead
05-29-2008, 16:05
Was living in a dinky town in CO. Train derailed. Helluva noise. Went by an open car, stuffed with Bud Light boxes. Asked at the V, it was potatoes. They had already checked.

4eyedbuzzard
05-29-2008, 16:10
Wonder how many thru's got up early enough in the morning to walk through this:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2008/05/us_routes_22322_shut_down_by_c.html

Emergency services reportedly responded with every truck in their arsonal - loaded with Frialators and generators, 17 secret herbs and spices, and gobs of mashed potatoes and gravy sides. Update at 11...

Nearly Normal
05-29-2008, 16:15
Years ago while living and working in LA I saw a similar thing.
Early in the morning on hwy 51 along the bayou, fog could be terrible.
Those crazy coonass don't slow down for much. As I easied along unable to see 50 ft I came up on an accident.
One of those small datsun pickups had run head on to a delivery truck filled with frozen chickens. It looked like an accordian and the three fellows inside were past help.
The chicken truck was on its side and frozen chickens were everywhere.
I lit flares on both sides of the accident because other cars were blindly running through the scene.
After the cops got there I left but witnessed several people stop and load up on chickens. At the time I was replused at the idea of it.
Bad morning for sure.

Frosty
05-29-2008, 16:45
Those crazy coonass don't slow down for much. I'll probably regret asking, but what does this mean?

Nearly Normal
05-29-2008, 18:11
Think of the word Yankee. All the different ways it is used. An insult? an endearment?
http://blog.nola.com/gumbo/2007/05/when_we_first_moved_here.html

My friends in LA were proud of the term.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-29-2008, 18:18
I predict campfires will be lit and the smell of roasting chicken will be littering the AT tonight.

Bare Bear
05-29-2008, 22:58
Yep, tastes like er.... chicken.
I remember a semi-truck overturned carrying Thesauruses. The police described the wreck as perplexing, strange, unique, unusual, baffling, and puzzling.

4eyedbuzzard
05-29-2008, 23:05
Yep, tastes like er.... chicken.
I remember a semi-truck overturned carrying Thesauruses. The police described the wreck as perplexing, strange, unique, unusual, baffling, and puzzling.

Steven Wright would definitely approve and accept, accredit, admire, adopt, agree, allow, applaud, authorize, back, compliment, consent, endorse, favor, handle, initial, like, okay, pass, ratify, sanction, sign, uphold, validate

rafe
05-29-2008, 23:09
I predict campfires will be lit and the smell of roasting chicken will be littering the AT tonight.

I'm thinking of the character "Skink" from Carl Hiassen's novels.

RITBlake
05-29-2008, 23:26
Wife: How was work today honey?

Husband: Oh you know, same old ****, oh but I did help shovel 3000 dead chickens off route 22

vonfrick
05-29-2008, 23:31
I'm thinking of the character "Skink" from Carl Hiassen's novels.

it was likely the "governor" would have sabotaged thre truck himself. however he wouldn't neccessarily gone for such high-falutin' cuisine as chicken...

Bilko
05-29-2008, 23:42
I'm thinking of the Jim Croce song.

It was just after dark when the truck started down the hill that leads into Scranton Pennsylvania.
Carrying thirty thousand pounds of bananas. He was a young driver, just out on his second job.

He passed a sign that he should have seen, saying "shift to low gear, a fifty dollar fine my friend."
He was thinking perhaps about the warm-breathed woman who was waiting at the journey's end.
He started down the two mile drop, the curving road that wound from the top of the hill.
He was pushing on through the shortening miles that ran down to the depot.

He was picking speed as the city spread its twinkling lights below him.
But he paid no heed as the shivering thoughts of the nights delights went through him.
His foot nudged the brakes to slow him down. But the pedal floored easy without a sound. He said "Christ!" It was funny how he had named the only man who could save him now.

He barely made the sweeping curve that led into the steepest grade.
And he missed the thankful passing bus at ninety miles an hour.
And he said "God, make it a dream!" as he rode his last ride down.

And he sideswiped nineteen neat parked cars, clipped off thirteen telephone poles,
hit two houses, bruised eight trees, and Blue-Crossed seven people.
it was then he lost his head, not to mention an arm or two before he stopped.
And he slid for four hundred yards along the hill that leads into Scranton, Pennsylvania. All those thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

Boy that sure must've been something.
Just imagine thirty thousand pounds of bananas.
Yes, there were thirty thousand pounds of mashed bananas.

Bilko
05-29-2008, 23:48
No, it wasn't Jim Croce but Harry Chapin who sang 30,000 lbs. of bananas.

ki0eh
05-30-2008, 07:42
My co-workers thought the chickens were thinking like the fish in the net in "Finding Nemo": "OK, everybody, lean, LEAN, LEAN!!!"

Catnip
05-30-2008, 16:11
Saw Harry Chapin live once, he said that the 30,000 pounds song was based on a real incident.

I'm sure someone can make a song about 3200 feathered chickens...:)

bloodmountainman
05-30-2008, 16:19
Too many hikers praying... "Lord, give us today our daily bread" ..... or chicken, if the bread is not availiable!:rolleyes:

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-30-2008, 16:27
Saw Harry Chapin live once, he said that the 30,000 pounds song was based on a real incident.

I'm sure someone can make a song about 3200 feathered chickens...:)If someone does, people must be able to dance the Funky Chicken to it. Anything else would just be wrong.

rafe
05-30-2008, 21:11
I'm thinking of the Jim Croce song.

I'm thinking of the Filipino pig-truck scene in Cryptonomicon.

mudhead
05-30-2008, 21:15
I wonder how many vegans went by that crash.