PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle needed from NY17A to Kent, CT

Don H
05-30-2008, 13:00
I'm planning a section hike in early October and need a shuttle from NY 17A, Greenwood Lake to Kent, CT.
Also I'd like to find a secure place to park my car for a week in the Greenwood Lake area. Maybe a business or motel. I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount for these services. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tin Man
05-30-2008, 17:53
October?? You are getting ahead of yourself. Most shuttles will take your reservation about 30-60 days in advance. Although that can vary. Check back when you are 60 days out.

MOWGLI
05-30-2008, 17:57
I'm planning a section hike in early October and need a shuttle from NY 17A, Greenwood Lake to Kent, CT.
Also I'd like to find a secure place to park my car for a week in the Greenwood Lake area. Maybe a business or motel. I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount for these services. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Don, another option which would be less costly would be to leave your car in Greenwood lake and take a NJ Transit bus to the Port Authority in NYC. From there you could take a Bonanza Bus to Kent. It'll take you the better part of a day, but it'll probably save you over $100.

Good luck.

Cookerhiker
05-30-2008, 18:01
Re. your car, I wouldn't leave it at the trailhead at Rt. 17A. I suggest you call some of the businesses in Greenwood Lake or the police station and ask them. Refer to the Companion (http://www.aldha.org/companyn/nj-ct07.pdf). Perhaps one of the motel will let you park gratis if you stay with them the night you finish your hike.

Don H
06-01-2008, 22:43
Thanks to all who responded! I'll call one of the hotels listed in the Companion for parking. The last time I was at the Rt. 17A parking area I saw broken glass where a car window had been busted. I have someone who will do the shuttle for what I feel is a very reasonable amount so I think I'll go that route.