PDA

View Full Version : How is "The One" doing in warmer weather? Enough ventilation?

ofthearth
05-31-2008, 08:05
Wondering how "The One" is doing now that it is getting warmer and folks with the tent should be up the trail a ways. Do I need to switch back to my Hubba for more air flow? Will be starting in Harpers Ferry next week.

Lyle
05-31-2008, 09:48
I carried mine for my recent Amicalola to Fontana section.

Only slept in it two nights, once at Woody Gap in VERY strong winds - much beyond the design standards, I'm sure. No problem that night other than one of the rear pole stabilizers pulling out. This was a minor problem, one easily remedied with a short length of cord. Absolutely no problems with condensation that night.

The second night was at Cold Springs Gap. Camped alone that night. Calm evening, warm. Again, no problems with condensation. I found out later that just several hours before I camped some fellow hikers had been scarred sh$#less when they came upon about 20 wild bores in that very spot! Glad I didn't know about that at the time.

Sorry I don't have more extensive info for you, but I am still very satisfied with "The One" performance.

JERMM
05-31-2008, 14:38
I'm using The ONE on my AT thru-hike. Nights are getting warmer and I've rolled one side of the vestibule back for more ventilation. The only time I have condensation is when it rains or heavy fog.

theinfamousj
06-01-2008, 23:31
I'm a weekend warrior, not a thru-hiker, but I have The One. Only had one night of condensation and it was cold/rainy. Mostly I do as J Rabbit suggests and roll back half of my vestibule, because I like to be able to see out.

Singletrack
06-03-2008, 05:10
Has anyone experienced The One in a hard windy rain. Wondering if it can be pitched closer to the ground than other tarp tents, whereby the bath tub floor can give protection from blowing, or draining rain. A problem with many tarp tents.