PDA

View Full Version : Vermont AT/LTJune 6-8

earlylight
06-01-2008, 17:06
Need shuttle driver or driver/hiking partner with car for AT/LT section hike from Rt 11/30 to Clarendon Gorge. Meet Thursday night or Friday morning in VT for a long weekend. Distance = 30 miles. Doesn't matter to me which direction we do. If interested, pm me. Shooting for 10-12 miles days, depending on water sources. If you just can shuttle, will reimburse you for gas and time. Thx.

Dingus Khan
06-02-2008, 21:45
damn, just had the entire weekend off... and i work next weekend, sorry!

i am actually starting VT soon myself and would love to join you.

wilconow
06-02-2008, 21:49
Wish I could join you. great swimming areas, pretty easy, but not boring hiking. Plus Baker Peak

earlylight
06-03-2008, 06:37
damn, just had the entire weekend off... and i work next weekend, sorry!

i am actually starting VT soon myself and would love to join you.

Dingus - after this hike, I'm doing mostly pure LT starting from Canada and working my way south. Are you just hiking the AT parts of VT or are you interested in pure LT as well?

earlylight
06-03-2008, 06:39
Wish I could join you. great swimming areas, pretty easy, but not boring hiking. Plus Baker Peak

Yep. My last spring training hike before heading up to Journey's end and working my way south before late autumn. Should be a good mellow hike.

Dingus Khan
06-08-2008, 08:08
hey earlylight, sorry about the late reply - i keep forgetting which threads that i respond to...
given more time i'd love to do the LT - i am originally from quebec so any trail that starts there is always a good thing :). i only have a couple of time periods to hike before i head out to seattle and don't think i'd be able to get out for much of the LT.

have a great trip and moon canada for me will ya? lol

earlylight
06-08-2008, 22:31
Long Trail Trip Report: Clarendon Gorge to Bromley Mountain (http://sectionhiker.com/2008/06/08/long-trail-trip-report-clarendon-gorge-to-bromley-mountain/)