PDA

View Full Version : So There Is This Hiker Named Story Teller.....

TOW
06-01-2008, 19:55
Yeah, so there is this hiker named Story Teller that is hiking the trail this year. He gets the idea yesterday that he was going to do a good deed for one of his partners that was hiking into Partnership Shelter today, it was the guys birthday.

So Story Teller goes to the Baptist Church to see if he could use their kitchen and runs into Gary Ritchie who is the pastor at One Way Church and Gary let him use the kitchen at the church so that he could cook a birthday dinner. Gary was at the First Baptist singing in the choir last night. He just told him to lock up when he left.

Story Teller goes to the grocery and went back and began cooking. He cooked til 4 am. He went all out and then some.

He gets a ride to the shelter and along the way he and the driver has a thought, "What's a birthday party without the beer?"

They stroll in to Mt. Rogers Headquarters, unpack everything, and head to the shelter, beer and all.

They are setting things up and one of the hikers that were there pops a beer open and poses for a pic in front of the sign that stated very clearly that there were no alcoholic beverages allowed.

As Story Teller is signing the register a Park Ranger walks up. He demands to see ID's. In the end he and the driver get $200.00 in fines together.

He wants everyone to know that they have stepped up patrol in that area of the trail. If you decide to hike naked on Hike Naked Day have an item of clothing that you can cover yourself with in case you come upon other fully clothed people. Because Story Teller said the cop told him that it was a $50.00 fine if they catch you.......

Lone Wolf
06-01-2008, 20:02
KNOW the rules before you do "trail magic". past hikers have Fed everything up

santa
06-01-2008, 21:27
If you decide to hike naked on Hike Naked Day have an item of clothing that you can cover yourself with in case you come upon other fully clothed people.

there is a hike naked day? ***

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-01-2008, 21:31
Hike nekked day is June 21st, Santa.

::: Dino seen planning to carry large covering for large dino body on the 21st :::

santa
06-01-2008, 21:34
Hike nekked day is June 21st, Santa.

::: Dino seen planning to carry large covering for large dino body on the 21st :::

Is this widely celebrated?:eek:

Lone Wolf
06-01-2008, 21:38
Is this widely celebrated?:eek:

not by hot babes

santa
06-01-2008, 21:42
not by hot babes

:mad::(

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-01-2008, 21:42
Is this widely celebrated?:eek:yes it is (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21226)

not by hot babes:mad::mad::mad:

:D

Lone Wolf
06-01-2008, 21:44
:mad::(

why you mad? report the post. get me banned

Lone Wolf
06-01-2008, 21:45
yes it is (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21226)
:mad::mad::mad

well, hot babes don't hike naked

dessertrat
06-01-2008, 21:49
No, it's usually celebrated by ugly males with an exhibitionist streak and a lack of common sense and courtesy.

Please do not hike naked where someone who does not want to see you naked might come across you. It's rude.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-01-2008, 21:49
::: Dino seen en route to Damascus to kick LW shinny hinney :p :::

santa
06-01-2008, 21:53
why you mad?

Dissapointed, this day had potential. :banana

Blissful
06-01-2008, 21:59
Well, we had heard a while back on WB there was no drinking allowed at the shelter anymore. Esp now, if a sign is obviously posted (!). Too bad with all that hard work as the rest of the party sounded great (and very thoughtful).

TOW
06-08-2008, 22:28
It seems he enjoys breaking rules a lot.

Rockhound
06-09-2008, 19:35
I would assume the no alcohol rule is in place there to stop drunk and disorderly behavior and the littering of cans and bottles everywhere. With that said, if I'm back at partnership and I want a beer or 2 or 6 I will have them. I will not be rude or offensive to those I meet and I will dispose of my cans/bottles in the appropriate manor.

Rockhound
06-09-2008, 19:45
No, it's usually celebrated by ugly males with an exhibitionist streak and a lack of common sense and courtesy.

Please do not hike naked where someone who does not want to see you naked might come across you. It's rude.
I'm all for self expression. The human body is nothing to be ashamed of or offended by. I think hike naked day is a fun carefree way to celebrate our existence and our connection to nature. Of course if someone is repressed they may not feel the same way. I may rethink my whole perspective on this issue if I happen to bump into Dessert Rat on naked hiker day and he is participating.

Lone Wolf
06-10-2008, 03:59
if I'm back at partnership and I want a beer or 2 or 6 I will have them.

and if a ranger catches you, you'll have a fine to go with it. what makes you so special that the rules don't apply to you?

mrc237
06-10-2008, 08:00
He's a "thruhiker" !!!!

TOW
06-10-2008, 09:05
He's a "thruhiker" !!!!that's right, thru hikers get special exemptions..............but i seriously doubt that story teller was a thru hiker

dragonfeet
06-10-2008, 09:10
Sorry to hear that, I met that guy storyteller at neels gap, he's a real character. It dosent take long to see how he got his name. Never shuts up but he was a good guy though always try's to help people out. He did cook alot though, dude carrys a full kitchen. Always goes on about recipies and nutrition.

TOW
06-10-2008, 09:12
maybe he is a thru hiker.........and i probably ought to keep my perception to myself........and you are right, he has a story out of every breath he exhales

Lone Wolf
06-10-2008, 09:15
maybe he is a thru hiker.........and i probably ought to keep my perception to myself........and you are right, he has a story out of every breath he exhales

he's a BSer

Bare Bear
06-10-2008, 21:02
I know a few very hot babes that did it, if I weren't so slow I might have gotten a peek. So yeah all I saw were lots of fat guys (not thru hikers at all) and one loony toon that everyone was pretty careful of before the Solstice.

joeframbach
06-20-2008, 14:29
I was at Partnership Shelter on that fateful day. I had only met Storyteller a few days before and rolled into Partnership at the tail end of a thunderstorm.

It was DaWahHe's birthday, and we had Lasagna! and Cake! and beer to pack out and not drink. Good times were had by all.

Jason of the Woods
06-20-2008, 15:23
He is! I am one of the people who named him.
he's a BSer

notorius tic
06-20-2008, 15:47
I left Bears Den hostle last year an was fore warned about some hikers I got a great laugh at TB,GND,CLD, an the crew I would have gone with the flow myself but had a 2 day down fore I had a bad knee>:

Jason of the Woods
06-20-2008, 17:02
To know StoryTeller he would appreciate that this thread took a perverted turn. He is on here and in my friends. He is a very generous guy, say what you will. He'd give you the shirt off of his back. How sad that some bored cop had to bust him for that, huh? Wow, yet another example of our tax dollars hard at work taking down the BAD GUYS!:)

Lilred
06-20-2008, 22:54
I thought I heard recently that Partnership may be shut down because of the locals going there and partying and leaving the place trashed. Makes sense to enforce a no drinking policy to clean that up.

and once again, the folks that don't think rules are made for them or their 'generous' friends have to speak up and show their...... well, you know.

Rules be rules folks. Follow em or go somewhere else. It's not rocket science.

rafe
06-21-2008, 00:04
It seems he enjoys breaking rules a lot.

It seems you're enjoying your new role as Enforcer. :rolleyes:

TOW
06-21-2008, 05:49
Actually it is an old role. I'm an enforcer alright............I only wish I were in my prime.......

rafe
06-21-2008, 06:49
Actually it is an old role. I'm an enforcer alright............I only wish I were in my prime.......

Maybe you shoulda quit while you were ahead.

Storyteller56
06-21-2008, 08:23
To set the record straight I don't go around breaking the rules all the time, I had no Idea that alcohol was forbidden at Partnership shelter untill just about 2 minutes before the ranger arrived. I had never been to shelter till that moment. The Ranger
showed up before I had a chance to remove it, which was my intent, as I was in the process of leaving a note that the beer was going to be placed up the creek somewhere. The ranger's arrival prevented me from completing that task. I made a mistake unknowingly & take full responsibility for my actions & that is exactly what I told the Ranger. I also told him that the other 2 young guys that were at the shelter who he was preparing to give tickets to were innocent victims & that he should charge me, not them for any additional offenses. To his credit he let both of them go because of my accepting responsability. I think he did his job the way he should have & that he treated me quite fairly given the circumstances. In my eyes I feel that
he is a true gentleman & I am sorry that my actions created a hassle for him.

Jason of the Woods
06-21-2008, 08:30
See, I told you that he was a standup guy. My friends are nothing but, contrary to what Jack thinks.

Jack Tarlin
06-21-2008, 08:34
Um, where has Jack said anything on this thread about anyone? In fact, I haven't even BEEN on this thread til now.

What are you, Jason, paranoid? Is that what weed does to you?

If you're truly worried about how you come across here, Jason, it's posts like the one you just made that contribute to this.

Jason of the Woods
06-21-2008, 08:39
I figured that something was coming. It's been your mentality of late.
Um, where has Jack said anything on this thread about anyone? In fact, I haven't even BEEN on this thread til now.

If you're truly worried about how you come across here, Jason, it's posts like the one you just made that contribute to this.

Jack Tarlin
06-21-2008, 08:41
Um, you figured something was coming?

Um, I wasn't even on this thread til YOU introduced me, Jason.

You hadn't done that, I wouldn't be here.

So stop whining.

Jason of the Woods
06-21-2008, 08:52
It's because I can't post anywhere without you making a snide comment. I wish that my life were as boring as yours.;)

4eyedbuzzard
06-21-2008, 08:56

TOW, The Enforcer, in his prime...:D
http://www.topnews.in/light/files/clint-eastwood-dirty-harry.JPG

Jack Tarlin
06-21-2008, 09:00
Geez, Jason, you really are a whiner!

Listen to yourself....."I can't post anywhere without you making a snide comment!"

Boo hoo hoo. What are you, nine?

I wasn't even on this dumb thread until YOU brought me up, bub. You don't want me to reply to you, then don't mention my name, OK? But if you do, it invites a response. The only person who made a snide comment here, Jason, is YOU.

On another thread, people have pointed out what a whiner you can be.

You're doing a great job confirming this.

Jason of the Woods
06-21-2008, 09:10

Did I write this? No, you did JackA#%!:) And no in fact it just helps the pain.

Jack Tarlin
06-21-2008, 09:14
Strike up the band! I hear a tiny little violin,and guess who it's playing for!!

Jason of the Woods
06-21-2008, 09:18
Is that the best you've got? I was hoping that your ignorance could get the thread shut down like you have the past couple of days. Guess not.;)

Jack Tarlin
06-21-2008, 09:24
Um, what part of this do you fail to comprehend, Jason?

I have no interest in getting this thread closed.

In fact, I had no interest in this thread at all until YOU brought me into it.

Got it?

In all seriousness, if this is what you're like straight, then maybe you should smoke even more than you already do, cuz you sure in hell aren't making much sense this morning.

But no, Jason thinks I want this thread closed. Um, Jason, I had absolutely nothing to do with this dumb thread til you brought me into it.

What part of this is so difficult for you to understand? :D

Jason of the Woods
06-21-2008, 09:31
Spitting all kinds of hatred today, aren't we Jack?

Tin Man
06-21-2008, 09:32
:D

Maybe you should quit knocking everyone. yap yap.

Jack Tarlin
06-21-2008, 09:33
Like I said, I wouldn't be saying anything here til YOU brought me into the discussion, Jason.

You still don't get it.

Query: You stoned already, or just being dim?

Jason of the Woods
06-21-2008, 09:35
Neither. I just call them as I see them!

TOW
06-21-2008, 19:35
Maybe you shoulda quit while you were ahead.
Maybe you ought to keep your opinions to yourself pal.........

TOW
06-21-2008, 19:37
TOW, The Enforcer, in his prime...:D
http://www.topnews.in/light/files/clint-eastwood-dirty-harry.JPG
you promised u wouldn't let anyone ever see me as i once was..........:confused: