PDA

View Full Version : Vasque Velocity VST, how do they rate?

WalkingStick75
06-01-2008, 20:09
Just read the thread on the Merrell Chameleon II Stretch Cross Training Shoes, I considered those too but elected to purchase the Vasque Velocity VST trail running shoes. I am still wearing these around the house to make sure they fit with my superfeet insoles that should arrive tomorrow.

I can still return these, Does anyone own the Velocity? Do you have any trail miles on these shoes? How do they rate?

KG4FAM
06-01-2008, 20:25
I use the velocity and have about 400 miles on them and they are holding up very well. Its the shoe that works with my feet so I am happy with them.

LIhikers
06-04-2008, 21:35
2 weekends ago I meet a thru-hiker, Chris from Ohio, who was still in the same pair of Vasque shoes that he started the A.T. in at Springer Mnt. We met him in NY, on the East side of the Hudson River, so that's about 1400 miles. I don't know what model of shoe it was but if all Vasque shoes are that durable they should last pretty well.

Del Q
06-04-2008, 21:50
I just got a pair, what I do not like is that they are breathable, but let TOO MUCH moisture in - wet socks 1st thing in the am, not ideal.

Just bought a pair of Merrell Radius, low cut, I have wide feet, limited options.

LIhikers
06-05-2008, 09:34
Del, you'll be glad for that breathability. Not only will your feet get wet faster they'll dry faster too.