PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts along the AT?

funkyfreddy
02-13-2004, 18:56
Anyone know of any ghost stories, haunted shelters, rumors, etc. that have happened along the AT?

B Thrash
02-13-2004, 20:07
Sarvers Cabin was suppose to be haunted. I spent the night down in there (steep down and steep out) a few years ago. Did not see any ghost and got a good nights sleep.

snuffleupagus
02-14-2004, 17:49
Knowbody told me noth'in bout no ghost'ses :eek: :dance :eek:

TankHiker
02-16-2004, 19:30
I stayed in the haunted room at Elmer's. I didn't see anything. It was one of my best night's sleep on the trail. :)

There is also that shelter before Damascus that is supposedly haunted. Some guy threw his wife off the cliff, and now she haunts the shelter. Or so I hear.

02-16-2004, 19:51
Even before learning of the Bennington Triangle, Glastenbury Mt. in Vermont spooks me out!

funkyfreddy
02-16-2004, 20:44
What spooks you about Glastenbury Mt. and what is the Bennington triangle? Please let me know. You could post,PM, or E-mail me if you want. I've been doing a bit of research on paranormal activity in the NE woods and would love to learn more! Thanks, Fred

Moon Monster
02-17-2004, 00:14
Check the "similar thread" (from Dec.) at the bottom of this page.

snowshoe
02-17-2004, 08:19
There is an old girl scout camp along the At in NJ that is suppose to be haunted. Actually it is a bridge very close by that is haunted. If you turn your car off and put it in nutral tha car will roll uphill. It is in the Wallkill valley section. It is more of a local tale. So you wont find it in books or anything.