PDA

View Full Version : Found diamond ring at Wilson Creek Shelter

arideout
06-03-2008, 14:14
While camping next to the Wilson Creek shelter last week we found a diamond ring in the soil.

If you are the rightful owner, describe the ring in a private message, and I'll mail it to you.

Appalachian Tater
06-03-2008, 14:38
Check with the local trail club and maintainer to see if it has been reported missing.

4eyedbuzzard
06-03-2008, 14:49
You might want to contact the ATC and the trail club(Roanoke Appalachian Trail Club http://www.ratc.org/ ) that maintains that section and see if someone reported losing it. If I lost something like that I think that's who I'd report it in hope the maintainers and/or runners might come across it.

Edit: oops, Tater beat me to it.

DesertMTB
06-03-2008, 14:52
Wow. There really are some decent people still left on this planet. What a nice person to come on here just to post that.

Kerosene
06-03-2008, 15:20
And to think that I carried my great grandmother's diamond ring to give to my future wife from Duncannon to Harpers Ferry, waiting for the just the right moment to propose but always feeling too hot, filthy, and smelly to pull the trigger. If I had lost it somewhere I probably would have never gotten off the trail!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-03-2008, 15:30
My hat is off to arideout for his honesty. Someone will likely be very relieved to have her ring back.

modiyooch
06-03-2008, 20:27
kudos to STICKS and GOOSE as well. STICKS found a wallet with $200 cash while hiking in NY a few weeks ago. A collaborated effort got the intact wallet back to the girl that lost it.

Skidsteer
06-03-2008, 22:02
:welcome To WB arideout.

Vey cool that you joined for such a purpose.

TIDE-HSV
06-03-2008, 22:22
I once had a wallet returned to me, in America, which I'd dropped on a street in Munich, Germany. I had stayed with a friend, an Austrian lawyer living there, and his was the only local phone number in the wallet. The wallet was turned into the local US Army base and they called him...

darkage
06-03-2008, 22:34
Its all about karma, it will and can kick you in the arse ...

Pacific Tortuga
06-03-2008, 22:51
Wasn't Lone Wolf out shopping for one not too long ago ? :-?

Odd Thomas
06-04-2008, 01:32
While camping next to the Wilson Creek shelter last week we found a diamond ring in the soil.

If you are the rightful owner, describe the ring in a private message, and I'll mail it to you.

Must have really been weighing the pack down!