PDA

View Full Version : Film on the Appalachian Trail ISO talent

kbarrettcleary
06-04-2008, 17:16
Hello--
I am with the National Geographic Society and we are in the process of developing a one hour show on the Appalachian Trail. We're searching for thru hikers-- or past thru hikers to work with us. If you have some free time this summer, are comfortable on camera and interested in being involved, please send me an email. Like I said, we're still in the development process, but finding the right person is a critical first step. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration,
Katie Cleary
[email protected]

Appalachian Tater
06-04-2008, 17:21
Well, you should contact Kirby if you can catch up with him. He is a mature high-schooler doing a thru-hike with his school's cooperation and he has reached the New Jersey area. You could PM him. Here is his thread:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34066
and he is also on trailjournals.com.

AlwaysHiking
06-04-2008, 17:29
Well, you should contact Kirby if you can catch up with him. He is a mature high-schooler doing a thru-hike with his school's cooperation and he has reached the New Jersey area. You could PM him. Here is his thread:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34066
and he is also on trailjournals.com.

Kirby is def. one of the better reads so far this year. I enjoy his journal a lot. He's got a great personality.

http://www.trailjournals.com/kirby/

Lone Wolf
06-04-2008, 17:51
Hello--
I am with the National Geographic Society and we are in the process of developing a one hour show on the Appalachian Trail. We're searching for thru hikers-- or past thru hikers to work with us. If you have some free time this summer, are comfortable on camera and interested in being involved, please send me an email. Like I said, we're still in the development process, but finding the right person is a critical first step. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration,
Katie Cleary
[email protected]

e-mail sent. i'm the man for the job :)

airhog794
06-04-2008, 17:58
hey this better not be like that Robert Redford film that might happen. That would mess up the trail so bad. keep the impact to a minimum please

Lone Wolf
06-04-2008, 18:24
hey this better not be like that Robert Redford film that might happen. That would mess up the trail so bad. keep the impact to a minimum please

The At is already messed up and impacted. a little 'ol flick ain't gonna hurt none

4eyedbuzzard
06-04-2008, 18:43
e-mail sent. i'm the man for the job :)

I thought the OP said this is a documentary by National Geographic - not Comedy Central. :banana :D

Red Hat
06-05-2008, 10:48
Old people maybe? I start on July 1... Any I do have movie experience, lol....

Captain
06-05-2008, 15:28
no not black cap! but ooo how about "captain black hat red beard"

Red Hat
06-06-2008, 13:56
If they followed us both, you and I, Captain, they could get the adventures of an old un, and a young un, at the same time. "The Adventures of Red Hat and Black Cap", how about it!