PDA

View Full Version : 2000 miles to Maine Problems

sakkit
02-15-2004, 00:20
I was wondering if people who bought this movie were having problems with playing the DVD. I'm currently on my second DVD. Both DVD's would skip then stop after about 10-15min. I feel kinda embarrassed to ask for a third DVD.

sakkit

papa john
02-15-2004, 07:25
Where is it stopping?

Mr. Clean
02-15-2004, 09:11
At the beginning it wasn't to bad, I could deal with it, but by the time they got to the Reverend and especially Maine, it was pretty much unwatchable. The picture cuts in and out and no audible. It is a very good movie at the start and I'm sure the rest was good, but I couldn't tell.

sakkit
02-15-2004, 13:42
The first DVD stopped 10 min into the movie. The second DVD stopped after about 15min. When I put the second DVD back into the DVD player it stoped at the start of the movie. The first one had no music at the start the second one does. I can't get past the skips and stops. Annoying :datz !

Sakkit

gardenville
02-15-2004, 14:05
Hi, Have you checked your DVD player?

sakkit
02-15-2004, 14:46
Hi, Have you checked your DVD player?

Yes. I did. I watched three movies in row just to verify. The only time I had this problem was when I was buying the Princess Bride. Went through 3 DVD's before just giving up and not purchasing the DVD.

Sakkit

gardenville
02-15-2004, 15:34
Hi, Some DVD players don't like the way some disks are recored. When I got my DVD player I was told to go to Wal Mart and get the $58 APEX, I think it was the cheapest one they sold. It plays anything great. You might try it on another brand DVD and see what happens. Also, not all blank disks are created equal. They may have gotten a batch of bad ones.

ga2me97
02-15-2004, 22:33
Yes, I had the same problem with my DVD. It did not skip when I played it on my computer's DVD drive though.

Mausalot
02-16-2004, 10:44
Folks, I seem to have gotten a bunch of bad media. Please, if you are having trouble with your DVD I'll replace it immediately. Or I can also send a good old fashioned VHS.

I do check the DVDs before I send them out, though I spot check, so don't always catch problems if they are near the end. Also, as someone mentioned, some older players are incompatible with the DVD-R format that I use. Though manufacturers have generally gotten rid of that compatibility issue. If this is the case with your player, these DVDs should play in a computer drive no problem.

Thanks and sorry again. Let me know what you need to fix the problem. I am back to a better media now and I am checking much more throughly. After about 75 DVDs, this is my first major technical glitch.

Doug Morse, director, 2000 Miles to Maine

sakkit
02-16-2004, 21:08
Yes, I had the same problem with my DVD. It did not skip when I played it on my computer's DVD drive though.

I did try the DVD in my computer and it stopped after about 5min. My DVD player is about 18 months old. My computer is less than 6 months old. I'm really glad Doug is on the list! Thanks. :clap

Sakkit