PDA

View Full Version : Remember Panama Red - A Blast fromt he past!!!!!!

Blister
06-06-2008, 17:56
I was working earlier today, bartending. Had quite a few regulars come in as well as some weekenders. Well at one point this guy starts chatting up the couple next to him. Talking of music, different places all over the country. I don't evesdrop, I just have perky ears. Anyways, trail towns are mentioned and I got even more interested. I looked this guy straight in his eyes (he' 41 and I almost ID him) "I know you" he replied only with a straight glance. "you hiked the trail, whats your trail name?". "Panama Red" he says comfortablly. The last time I saw him.... He was flip flopping in etirety with his dog Elvis (what a beauty unfortunatley passed away last year) on the AT in 2000. We have swapped stories and he'll be hangin out for day or so to get his gear together. I love those unexpected surprises. He asked about Jack - not sure of his whereabouts but if he is in the distance of a phone - he should call my cell. Or anyone else for that matter who got to know one of the infamous names that year.

warraghiyagey
06-06-2008, 19:16
Hi Blister Sis!!!!!!!:sun See ya in July.:)

envirodiver
06-06-2008, 23:20
I thought this thread was about something else. Sorry for intruding.

AxelD
06-24-2008, 04:42
Hey there all,

Its funny that you mention this fellow panama red, me and a few buddies were hiking the white mountains a few weeks back when we came across a short curly haired fellow by the name of panama red "brian was his name". He was with his dog (now a akita/chow named "foxy girl") about 6 miles into the wild. we all talked for hours about music and parts of the country which is pretty coincidental.

Anyways if you have any information on this guy could you either reply or drop me an email, we would really like to meet up with him again , he was honestly one of the coolest guys we've ever met but we just never got around to information.

Krewzer
06-24-2008, 06:05
Yea, I met him briefly early on in 2000. He and Elvis were a couple of days from Springer. That was one big old black dog.

Blister
07-23-2008, 00:14
pm me for his info. He gave me his business card with all the current info.