PDA

View Full Version : NOC/GAF Sept 26-28, 2008

Cuffs
06-07-2008, 21:27
NOC has an annual Guest Appreciation Festival (GAF) where they sell off all their rental equipment and have a gear yard sale, and sell off all end-of-season merchandise.

I went last year with SuzyQHoo and ran into/met Roots & Gunho. We sold enough stuff that I could buy a new pack and paid for my entire trip up there and Suzy bought a kayak with her cash!

I intend on attending and selling some more stuff I just dont need this year. Yard sale space does cost. Anyone else interested in sharing a space up there?

Its a great time and a great chance to meet new people. Right Roots!??!

gungho
06-08-2008, 02:23
NOC has an annual Guest Appreciation Festival (GAF) where they sell off all their rental equipment and have a gear yard sale, and sell off all end-of-season merchandise.

I went last year with SuzyQHoo and ran into/met Roots & Gunho. We sold enough stuff that I could buy a new pack and paid for my entire trip up there and Suzy bought a kayak with her cash!

I intend on attending and selling some more stuff I just dont need this year. Yard sale space does cost. Anyone else interested in sharing a space up there?

Its a great time and a great chance to meet new people. Right Roots!??!
The Gaf is an awesome event. Myself and Roots have attented several of these events and have racked up on equipment. We definetly intend on selling stuff this year and we are interested in sharing the space.

We sold a lot of stuff this past weekend in asheville at Diamond brand Outdoors(a local outfitter and we still have things left to sell) who had a gear swap.

Cuffs
06-08-2008, 14:31
Great! Its still a couple months off, but I wanted to make sure I got it on my calendar!

Any one else?

generoll
06-08-2008, 15:37
Put me down as a maybe. Kind of depends on the call schedule, but I might make it Friday night. I've got enough stuff in my garage to outfit a small scout troop. Time to unload a bit.

Roots
06-08-2008, 18:46
I'll knock this back up the list of threads. I think if you have never been to the GAF, it is definitely worth going. GREAT fun to be had and money to be made. I found some KILLER deals last year, including my pack I took on my April section hike.

Can't wait, Cuffs!!:)

Cuffs
06-08-2008, 22:10
Just remember...why pay for it when you can get it for free from friends!

generoll
06-09-2008, 06:10
on your way to the NOC don't forget, sock world closes at 3.

generoll
06-09-2008, 06:10
that's 3:00PM EDT!!

Roots
06-09-2008, 07:27
Just remember...why pay for it when you can get it for free from friends!
OMG...heehee....quote of the century....:D

Cuffs
06-09-2008, 10:23
Yea... 3 Eastern... one day I'll remember theres a time zone change between The Ham and 'Nooga...

Dancer
06-10-2008, 13:24
I'll be there, but I don't know if I'll have my man with me or not. I won't know that until closer to time. I was just thinking how I can't wait until SORUCK again. I had forgotten about GAF. See you there!

Cuffs
06-10-2008, 13:42
Alright Jules! saving a space for you!

Christopher Robin
06-10-2008, 15:37
I know you are talking about sealing gear, but can you let me in on were it is? You know; Where is this woudreful place, time & is there camping places or hostel please.

Lone Wolf
06-10-2008, 15:40
I know you are talking about sealing gear, but can you let me in on were it is? You know; Where is this woudreful place, time & is there camping places or hostel please.

Nantahala Outdoor Center right on the AT, 30 miles or so south of Fontana Dam in N.C. yes there is a hostel there

Roots
06-10-2008, 15:48
Nantahala Outdoor Center, Bryson City, NC--the AT passes right through the center. The dates are Sept. 26th -- 28th. Look up Nantahala Outdoor Center for more info on accomodations. :)

Dancer
06-12-2008, 15:57

www.noc.com (http://www.noc.com)

The river and surrounding mountains are beautiful. Bunkhouses are simple but clean and CHEAP. Mess hall so you can bring ur own groceries and save money, hot showers. I love the place.

Cuffs
09-03-2008, 00:03
Hey Jules! Got your messages. As of right now I am planning on going, will be calling NOC tomorrow to make reservations (praying its not too late!!!)

Anyone else attending?

generoll
09-03-2008, 07:57
I'm in. Call is no longer and issue and I have plenty of free time at the moment. I'm also doing some serious garage cleaning.