PDA

View Full Version : PCT Handbook

chris
02-16-2004, 08:49
If you are planning a PCT for this upcoming summer you may already know this, but I thought I'd send it out anyways. There is a new PCT book written by Yogi, who hiked the first 1200 miles in 01, the did back-to-back thruhikes in 02 and 03. She has written a data-book cum Companion style book that I've gotten a look at. Very good information, including some help that the guidebooks and data book doesn't provide, like some alternate water info, town info, and some gear help. She solicitated a lot of opinions from hikers and these are in the book along with her own opinions. The book is self printed through Kinkos and comes in a 3 ring binder. The first half is on preparations, the second you carry with you and has the logistical data in it. I don't agree with everything in it, but I would carry it if I was hiking this year. Last year I carried a bunch of her water info that she had posted, and this turned out to be useful. Cost is something like $23. Email [email protected] to find out how to get a copy.