PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle to/from Burlington to Northern Terminus

angewrite
06-10-2008, 14:25
I've received emails from a number of people looking for shuttle rides to/from Burlington. So I figured I'd make all this public...

As long as it works with my schedule I am happy to help hikers in getting to and comming from the northern terminus of the LT. As much as I'd like to do all this for a donation, I am tired of going out of my way to help someone who is only able to donate $5 or $10 after I've driven 4 hours and 160 miles round trip. So as of last weekend I'm with the IRS, 50.5 cents/mile (round trip.)

A-Train
06-10-2008, 14:54
I've received emails from a number of people looking for shuttle rides to/from Burlington. So I figured I'd make all this public...

As long as it works with my schedule I am happy to help hikers in getting to and comming from the northern terminus of the LT. As much as I'd like to do all this for a donation, I am tired of going out of my way to help someone who is only able to donate $5 or $10 after I've driven 4 hours and 160 miles round trip. So as of last weekend I'm with the IRS, 50.5 cents/mile (round trip.)

Good for you, that rate is more than fair. Part of hiking is ponying up for transportation. As fun as giving back and doing trail magic is, with gas approaching 5 bucks a gallon, there aren't many people capable of giving lots of free rides anymore.

Lone Wolf
06-10-2008, 14:56
I am tired of going out of my way to help someone who is only able to donate $5 or $10 after I've driven 4 hours and 160 miles round trip. So as of last weekend I'm with the IRS, 50.5 cents/mile (round trip.)

they always seem to have lotsa $$$ for motels, beer, cigs, dope but never enuf for shuttles. let 'em hitch

A-Train
06-10-2008, 15:48
they always seem to have lotsa $$$ for motels, beer, cigs, dope but never enuf for shuttles. let 'em hitch

Yes, and the next time someone asks whether they can hike the trail for 1000 bucks or 68 cents, I hope people remind them of these often not mentioned costs

Lone Wolf
06-10-2008, 20:03
Yes, and the next time someone asks whether they can hike the trail for 1000 bucks or 68 cents, I hope people remind them of these often not mentioned costs

shuttles are WANTS not needs. plan accordingly. back in the day we hitched. nobody had a cell. the wimping of the AT hiker began with cell phones, shuttles and slackpacking

angewrite
06-22-2009, 15:19
Just an update- since I've received a number of requests I just want to mention that I am available for shuttles. If you're heading to Journey's End the best places for me to pick you up are Waterbury/Stowe if you come on Amtrak, Burlington Airport by plane, or Montpelier if you're coming in by bus. My shuttle rate is $100 from any of these locations. I am also able to provide a fuel canister if necessary and make 1 or 2 stops along the way if you need to buy food, fill water bottles, purchase a lighter, etc.

[email protected]

Happy Trails

lazy river road
09-23-2009, 20:12
save for later